The Sewing Place

Burdastyle 02/2013 128 (again)

Kad

Re: Burdastyle 02/2013 128 (again)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 18:57:40 PM »
I have a tiny spot of something orange on my new t-shirt that is resisting everything.  I'm about to try Milton (sterilising fluid) which usually deals with even the worst stains, although there is a risk of fading the colour too.  This is a white t-shirt with a blue pattern and the stain is on a white part, so I'm hopeful...  :o

If the orange spot could possibly be from a tomato based sauce, such as a Bolognese etc. try leaving the t-shirt on a windowsill in the sun, ( if it ever shines again), for 4-5 hours and it'll probably disappear as if by magic.

I discovered this some time ago when DS left a stained top on the conservatory table waiting for me to rescue it. When I got round to it, the stain wasn't there ! Apparently strong sunlight disappears tomato based stains without any effort from us  :o
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 19:01:29 PM »
That is a fantastic tip - this one probably wasn't tomato, but tomato is Mr Acorn's second favourite thing for spilling.  His first is just anything greasy.

As you say, though... first find your sunshine.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 19:43:34 PM »
Apparently strong sunlight disappears tomato based stains without any effort from us  :o

Yes I often found leaving my son's tee shirts on the washing line made the stains disappear.