The Sewing Place

PDF patterns from Knip Mode

dolcevita

PDF patterns from Knip Mode
« on: August 15, 2017, 16:38:47 PM »
I've been aware of Knip Mode for some years now.  It's a Dutch sewing magazine much along the lines of Burda and is a monthly.

Apart from the latest September issue, I've found Burda has become disappointing of late, but Knip Mode seem to be stealing the march on them for nice designs, in my opinion.

Anyway, if you go to the 'shop' page on their website, you can browse all the magazine patterns and download the PDF versions for €4.95.  They are well worth a look.

https://knipmode.nl/product-categorie/patronen/

I've just noticed that they are still running the special offer on subscriptions and the prices include delivery to the UK.  You can try them out for just 3 months.  The special offer is very good value and I got my copy before my Dutch friends got theirs this time around!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 16:40:18 PM by dolcevita »

Catllar

Re: PDF patterns from Knip Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 17:12:45 PM »
Some nice shapes on there!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 17:43:04 PM »
There are some very nice patterns but would I be able to cope not knowing any Dutch? Or is sewing a universal language??  :D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

dolcevita

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 17:47:16 PM »
I'm happy to post a glossary of Dutch sewing terms!

Their patterns are well designed and they label points that need to be matched with letters so they aren't bad to follow.

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 18:03:13 PM »
If you wouldn't mind posting us to the webpage with the three issue trial offer, dolcevita...

I love some of the Dutch terms already - I see that winkelwagen is a shopping cart... but I prefer winkewagen!

dolcevita

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 18:10:38 PM »

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 19:09:28 PM »
Thanks so much, dolcevita. I shall now have to consider putting this in my winkelwagen!

The other good thing is that all the patterns go up to big sizes, Burda only do a few plus sizes.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 19:12:58 PM by Tamnymore »

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 21:50:54 PM »
Well I've ordered my 3 issue trial which seems incredibly good value. Let's hope I don't get an email tomorrow asking for extra postage! Although you can successfully put the website through google translate, to get it to work properly I had to use the original Dutch site and had another window open with google translate so I could drop key words in and get an English translation. Fingers crossed I've done it correctly.

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 08:11:57 AM »
I've done it too..... interesting!

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 11:05:08 AM »
Well the October Knipmode has just arrived. There's an additional mag with patterns and instructions for downloading an extra pdf pattern. Joy of joy all the patterns go up to Dutch size 54 which must be about a UK 24 or so (bust 131cm). There are some great pattens so I'm definitely going to try them. As I don't speak Dutch I can't understand the instructions but I think I should manage. This is definitely better than  Burda. If only Knipmode did an English language version. They would sell millions.
Thank you, Dolcevita for alerting us to the world of Knipmode.  :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
Well I've been dropping some key Dutch sewing terms into googletranslate and one of them translated as 'siege forecourt'.  :S !!! There's lots of advice on the Curvy Sewing collective about Knipmode and other tracing mags. Someone suggested taping 2 Sharpie pens together so that when you trace out your pattern you automatically get your seam allowance traced. Clever!

Efemera

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 18:55:35 PM »
Got mine today too... I like the mix and match idea.

jen

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2017, 21:34:19 PM »
I've bought this mag a few times. The patterns are nice and clear. I think that most average stitchers will cope without the language but there's a glossary online, I think this is the link
/www.sewingpatterns.shop/glossary

dolcevita

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 13:05:59 PM »
I've just received my October copy of Knip, too.  Some very nice designs in there, but I'm particularly taken with the duffle coat.  I also like the way they offer a straight or flared skirt option with most of the dress bodices.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 23:23:42 PM »
Thanks for sharing this. I hope I have ordered the three month trial! I possibly should have asked my friend that is Dutch to help me make sure my address is in correctly but fingers crossed I haven't made a mess of it.
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.