The Sewing Place

Quilting Rulers?

Kad

Quilting Rulers?
« on: August 16, 2017, 18:49:22 PM »
Has anyone any experience with any of these quilting rulers systems, such as ' Westalee' or ' Parrs Reel rulers' ?

I've not got  a long arm quilting machine but understand that these rulers may be used with a standard domestic machine as long as you also have the ' ruler quilting foot' for the machine. 

I already use fmq on my quilts and am tempted  :devil: by the precision that these rulers  promise, but  I'm not sure if I'm tempted enough to spend £££'s on the rulers, after all I could spend it on fabric :fabric: !
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Pearl

Re: Quilting Rulers?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 19:22:41 PM »
Did you see Angie Attwood demonstrating them on the Sewing Quarter this morning from 8 to 9?  If not, it might be worth a look.

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 20:25:50 PM »
Have a look too at the Cotton Patch website.  They have a downloadable e book on Westalee rulers.
Life's too short for ironing.

twopence

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 20:42:02 PM »
I bought myself the Bernina set at FOQ but haven't tried them yet.  There's a lot on pinterest about the Bernina rulers so I would suppose the others too.  I think that I can also use the Westerlee ones but have heard that the Parrs are not quite such thick material and it is possible to stitch over them.