The Sewing Place

rhinetones on tulle

sewsilly

rhinetones on tulle
« on: August 08, 2017, 16:32:51 PM »
Working on same dress as previous post, but bodice is finished pleat/tuck wise (I am not sure if the bodice is pleated or tucked.. as tucks are stitched at both ends, and pleats are open ended, but I have also seen lots of references to this style of sewn on pleats as pleats1)... I diverge.. The skirt is one large fluff, she wanted bustled sections of tulle all over the skirt, so it has a very fluffy look. At each of the tack points the top tulle will be stitched in place (I figured an X securely knotted off) and a rhinestone on top to cover the stitched and add the sparkle she wants. My question is hotfix or sew on (the metal catch holder at the back of the stone)I might revert to E6000, but I want to avoid the strings and thought hotfix might be better and faster. The tulle top layer is being tacked to the three under layers of tulle, but not to the satin skirt... The tulle skirts are floating free... advice on which is better to use on wedding dresses stone application wise?
Doing what I love and loving what I do... sewing...

Iminei

Re: rhinetones on tulle
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 16:58:34 PM »
Have absolutely no idea but it sounds like it would sparkle its socks off ... could you post a pic when done ?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewsilly

Re: rhinetones on tulle
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 18:37:04 PM »
Yes I will :) I am working on two at the same time, two very different dresses and once all complete yes I will. I seriously doubt either groom will be frequenting this site, but I will wait till the weddings happen to be all safe..
Doing what I love and loving what I do... sewing...