The Sewing Place

Standard Quilt Sizes

Iminei

Standard Quilt Sizes
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:53:23 AM »

Lots of other interesting info about sizes on Brenda's thread!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

maliw

Re: Standard Quilt Sizes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 11:13:41 AM »
Thanks Iminei, that's useful although I just make a quilt until it seems big enough -<
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 11:29:23 AM »
I carry on until I get fed up  :| However, I am going to make a proper sized quilt for a friend's birthday. It will fit a double bed.She requested one very similar to the one on my avatar, so I hope it's not too much of a chore for me to repeat the pattern. It's an easy straightforward block so it should be quick to make and easy to size.
Thanks Imi
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:40:55 AM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

rubywishes

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 05:40:50 AM »
I get so excited when my finished quilt measures what the pattern says it should measure! I live in fear of cutting or sewing something wrong so the finished quilt ends up too small or too big for the purpose I made it.  0_0
1980 Janome (aka Joan...she's no nonsense or frills),  Bernina 710 (aka Bernice), Juki TL2010Q,  1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora).
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »
Bless  <3 that's really sweet. I'm usually so hyped up about getting the backing pucker free that I'm just glad it's a suable size  :D

Vegegrow

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:46:11 AM »
I carry on until I get fed up  :| However, I am going to make a proper sized quilt for a friend's birthday. It will fit a double bed.She requested one very similar to the one on my avatar, so I hope it's not too much of a chore for me to repeat the pattern. It's an easy straightforward block so it should be quick to make and easy to size.
Thanks Imi
What is that block called Lowena?.. I'm new at this stuff
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 12:12:02 PM »
It's called "square in a box" Vege; it's very easy and can be made from a jelly roll. Black 2.5" x 2.5" square; colour 2 x 2.5"squares  plus 2 x 2.5" x 6.5" rectangles. I find it a very effective block as the range of colours changes the look completely :)