The Sewing Place

Singer blind hem foot

Snowgoose

Singer blind hem foot
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:54:19 AM »
I'm so happy!  I have to make curtains and I have found some lovely fabric from the Textile Centre, and a couple of nice tutorials on you tube, but was dreading the sewing!  By accident, I found that Singer made a blind hem attachment for my lovely  :vintage: 201 and after a lot of thinking whether I could justify buying it, I did  :). Fifteen pounds including p&p and I love it.  It's so solid and just glides along - I've only tried it on some scraps - still too nervous to  :snip: into the curtain fabric!

I can't add any more machines to the sewing family, but I can see that seeking out the old attachments is my new mission - they truly are magic  :D

Holly Berry

Re: Singer blind hem foot
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »
I've been fortunate in finding quite a lot of feet in the attachment box on the machines I've adopted. I'm still working through them all, having to google most of them, and will at sometime produce samples of fabric. Must admit some do look like some horrendous surgical instruments  0_0

If you can find the buttonhole attachment for you machine, they make the most wonderful buttonholes.
Procrastination get behind me

KayK

Re: Singer blind hem foot
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 13:29:20 PM »
Helen Howes is  a great source of old machine parts and lots of lovely attachments!  Just google her, she has a workshop at Raveningham (Norfolk/Suffolk border) and can be found also under Raindrop Kites.
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well