The Sewing Place

FoQ Rundown

Iminei

FoQ Rundown
« on: August 29, 2017, 11:06:19 AM »
Sorry its taken sooo long to get this rundown to you but I lost my notes!

Yes, I needed to keep notes of all the lovely peeps I met over the course of the four days and as my head is made of Swiss cheese these days until I found the scrap of paper I was toteing around the NEC I was at a loss to remember everyone...

However nagged spurred on by The Sewing Place Bear here we are ...

Day One was as hectic a day I had ever seen; almost from the off Ladies of a certain age and a few Bemused husbands (including Imself) streamed through the gates of Hall 9 into the Quiltywonderland of the FoQ.

I had the added pressure pleasure of Himself's mum in attendance who kept asking me where MY quilts were ???   :S
There were over 950 quilts on display, we had just walked through the doors and she expected me to know where my FOUR quilts were hung!!!

MIL soon understood that she had as much idea of where they were as I did and we Ooohhed and Aaahhhed our way through the exhibition spaces

We soon met up with the lovely Sakar, her Hubby Martin, Friend Theresa and Theresa's mum Andrea, all of whom had flown in from Austria especially for the show.
Theri is now a member of the forum and during the Friday the Austrian contingent met up with a fellow quiltress, Petra, who despite living only 30 kms from Sakar, had not managed to meet up until they were 1,700kms from home.

By midday Mali and her friend Phil had joined us for a mooch around the quilts where the TSP Bear was more than happy to pose for pics in front of his favourite Quilts, this one by Quilty ...

The days were a whirl of meeting up with friends from TSP so if I may amalgamate the four days ....

Throughout the show we met up with Sandra and her delightful young daughter, Kitten popped by on the Saturday (I believe) with a friend as well as Twopence and her lovely daughter.

I spent an interesting hour or three with DeafOldBat who was there for a couple of the days and we met up with the wonderful Quilty and her mum for a restorative cup of tea.

The lovely Fajita made a spontaneous decision to pop along on the Sunday with a friend and I met them outside in the lobby to give them their tickets. Unfortunately that was the last I saw of them as by then I was helping the Gourmet Quilter on her stand (as she was single handed) and on the Sunday afternoon I managed to sneak a quick workshop to soothe my soul (and back ... those concrete floors are very unforgiving) ... Sorry Fajita, next year???

Imself joined me again late Sunday afternoon and we watched the transformation of a busy exhibition to a bare hall again. I must say, having watched from the wings, The 'Angels' who took the quilts down, handled all the quilts with white gloves and treated each and everyone with the utmost respect and care. 
And somehow, amidst the mountain of packaging that miraculously appeared in Hall 7 at the end of the show, everyone was reunited with their own pieces of packaging at the end of the day.

So a really alternative insight into what goes on in Halls 7, 8 and 9 of the NEC for 4 days in mid August.

Now TSP Bear has seen how beautiful, and how mini, Quilts can be ... He has decided that HE wants his very own Quilt!

And with Autumn around the corner he is wondering whether to ask you, the members of The Sewing Place, to design and make a quilt fit for The Sewing Place Bear ! ?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

Re: FoQ Rundown
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 12:48:38 PM »
Thanks Imi, great round up  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

maliw

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 15:27:02 PM »
Glad you've recovered Imi. It was lovely to meet up with you again but you must have been exhausted being there for 4 days. We are already planning next year's trip. ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 15:28:44 PM »
Remember I can get discounted tickets if we get more than 10 tickets sold!!!

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 16:24:59 PM »
I'll probably be going next year Imi   :ninja:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:34:01 AM by Lowena »

Vegegrow

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 21:56:26 PM »
Can you ask them to move it to a better time of year for farming folk   :'(
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

fajita

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 22:44:02 PM »
I can't commit so far in advance, but am thinking favourably about next year.

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 09:00:19 AM »
I'll probably be going next year Imi

Yesterday that post read ... I am going next year ...

and today in the dead of night, naughty negative Lowena snuck in and changed it ... probably my a*** !!!!

Beyond Belief!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:31:36 AM by Iminei »

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 10:42:38 AM »
Not naughty or negative Iminei  :angry: I'm hoping, nay intending to go but am awaiting 2 lots of tests and a procedure for my heart problems, so I decided to err on the side of caution........ 12 months is a long time to be definite, when you might not even be here  :P