The Sewing Place

Quilts for Dollies

Lowena

Quilts for Dollies
« on: September 01, 2017, 16:36:27 PM »
My friend is the new head of a Nursery Unit in Kent. She has discovered that the poor dolls have neither clothes nor bedding :(
Today I have made 2 quilts with matching pillows, each quilt about 50cms  x 55cms. I've used 2.5" squares and strips and they just need finishing off. It's nice, occasionally to make quick things and I am satisfied with the results. I hope they get well used  :) Pictures when they are completely finished  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

fajita

Re: Quilts for Dollies
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 17:41:57 PM »
It's fun doing things for schools. You know they'll get some use. Look forward to the pics.

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 19:16:36 PM »
Great project Lowena.. when I was little dolls had sheets and blankets on their beds  .. :) I wonder if nursery age children would recognize them or do they all have duvets
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 07:50:06 AM by Vegegrow »
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 21:14:34 PM »
Good for you Lowena.  I think it's rather sad, not for the dolls (they are just bits of plastic) but that people think it's ok to provide that for children.  You would think someone could have found a few dolls clothes.  I wonder what state the rest of the toys are in?  I think it's important for even small children to have nice, well looked after things that they can learn to appreciate and look after.
Life's too short for ironing.