The Sewing Place

Top and pants to matchi made the top a couple of months ago

Fabric Lover

Top and pants to matchi made the top a couple of months ago
« on: September 01, 2017, 18:25:57 PM »
I made the top a couple of months ago, it's a cold shoulder top but you can't tell that from the photo. Butterick 5889 view c http://www.sewdirect.com/acatalog/Butterick-B5889.html

Then I found some stretch woven in a shop in France and thought some pants would go well with it.  The shop only sold Burda patterns, I normally avoid them due to the need to add seam allowances but decided to give it a go. http://www.simplicity.com/burda-style-pattern-7062-pants/X07062BURDA.html It's entirely a coincidence that the colour of one of the made up pants is the same as mine!  :D

Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Surest1tch

Re: Top and pants to matchi made the top a couple of months ago
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 18:31:43 PM »
They look very nice and suits you

Fabric Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 20:25:56 PM »
Thanks Surestitch!

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 21:31:00 PM »
Good outfit! I've made the trousers a couple of times, it's a good pattern. I'd like to make it again.
Don't you find that things we choose do match, just because we all have a group of colours that we go to because we know they suit us and we like them? It happens to me.
No need to add seam allowances to Burda patterns, BTW, that changed a while ago. They're included now.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 21:08:41 PM »
Thanks SkoutSews! Yes that's exactly right, I'm finding that more and more that I have 2 or 3 fabrics in my stash that are an ideal match for each other. Also I bought a couple of tops in France last month - in a sale in a high quality shop and they were each 15 euros. When I arrived back in England and looked in my stash, there is a fabric which is exactly the right shade to go with one of the tops, so a pair of pants in that is a must!

Finally I just had to check the pattern instructions to make sure that I wasn't going mad, but it definitely says to add seam allowances and have the photo here as proof that I still have a modicum of sanity left.