The Sewing Place

Weekend sewing plans anyone?

jen

Weekend sewing plans anyone?
« on: September 01, 2017, 19:08:01 PM »
I've just finished a slightly complicated shirt. Next up is probably going to be a blouson style jacket. This should be quick (that's tempting fate!). I have to decide what zip to use though - the fabric is purple shot with green, and I got a purplish one with plastic teeth and a navy one with metal teeth. I wanted purple with metal teeth, but no joy. The main pattern pieces are cut and the fabric prepped.
Anyone else starting a new project?

Francesca

Re: Weekend sewing plans anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 19:41:18 PM »
I'm going to be making two LDTs this weekend. They're just so comfy!

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 21:27:19 PM »
Been sewing a cold shoulder top tonight.  Just stopped for a well earned V&T!  Will finish it off tomorrow.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SkoutSews

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 21:36:39 PM »
I must make progress with the hated curtains and blind. Then they can be hung and forgotten.
To try to cheer myself up I've started a cardigan, Ottobre 5/2016 'forever yours' (jeez, where do they get these names?). It's a bit more interesting than all the long, boring seams. I hate curtains  :angry:

toileandtrouble

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 23:22:59 PM »
Cut out lining and finish a border print dress. Make a cotton jersey nightie in case I have to go into hospital.  Cotton so it's not too hot, dark fabric so it's not see through and my pattern so it's long enough to be decent- just can't buy them like that. If there's any time left, make a start on the kitchen blind now the dark nights are here.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Hachi

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 07:36:04 AM »
I'm making a Butterick B5526 hacked into a tunic. I have the fabric cut out, and will be working on the bib with pin tucks today.

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
Himself is participating in Weymouths Sailing Regatta and staying overnight on his boat!

So I have all day today, a takeaway tonight and all day tomorrow to sew ... Woo Hoo!!!
but first I must find some batik to 'side' the edges of Sptembers BOM ... which has become a quilt!

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

jen

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 08:36:33 AM »
What a busy lot we are - so many completely different projects! I'll be thinking of you all toiling away while I sew, like being in a virtual sewing bee.

Ellabella

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »
I'm sorting fabric for a baby quilt for a baby due later this month.  I hope to get the top done before I go away and then I can quilt it after the jollies.

I've got a pack with 4 FQs in a not too cheesy baby print and just need to see if anything blends with them.

Found a new-to-me disappearing 9 patch block so really need to stop drinking coffee and get my a**e in gear. :snip: :P :sew:

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 13:23:55 PM »
Back from Cherry Tree Fabrics with some batik.
It's not a perfect match but is, ironically, the batik I started Septembers BOM with!!

Having run out of that I found a slightly more mottled and therefore ever so slightly darker shade of the same colour and mixed it into the other blocks. Did any one notice those lighter background patches ???

Hopefully this slightly less mottled and therefore slightly lighter batik wont stick out like a sore thumb

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Fabric Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 21:13:19 PM »
I'm making a Butterick B5526 hacked into a tunic. I have the fabric cut out, and will be working on the bib with pin tucks today.
What a coincidence Hachi, I'm doing the same pattern. But it sounds like yours will be a very different version to mine, it will be interesting to compare.  :sew:
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

BrendaP

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 21:58:06 PM »
I didn't do any sewing this weekend, but I did buy some  :fabric: I had quite a few  :toast: and I ate some wedding  :cake:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

charlotte

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 09:55:51 AM »
I finished off almost all the machine sewing on my pink lace dress for my friend's wedding (forgot the lining hem, but that shouldn't be too tricky. Just need to hem it and finish off the lining around the zip (in front of the TV hand sewing for those bits). I did a toile fitting for my friend's bridesmaid dress and started cutting out the fabric for my bridesmaid dress.

Catllar

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 12:27:13 PM »
Just got to re-hem a pair of trousers - can't be a..ed to change the threads on the machine though.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Manuela

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 13:45:21 PM »
Not much sewing for me last weekend (half a dress only), as I was busy setting everything up for university. Did the online enrolment, set up my student's email and went through the induction process - hours and hours on the laptop, thank goodness it's pink  ;)