The Sewing Place

Does anyone have The Tunic Bible and can you recommend it?

Fabric Lover

Does anyone have The Tunic Bible and can you recommend it?
« on: September 04, 2017, 08:43:47 AM »
This book looks quite tempting https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tunic-Bible-Interchangeable-Ready-Wear/dp/1617453560/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1504510699&sr=1-1&keywords=the+tunic+bibleso I'd be interested to now if anyone has tried it out? It is by Sarah Gunn and Julie Starr, I have looked at Sarah's blog for some years, www.goodbyevalentino.com she sews the sort of things ( generally not always) I like.
Anne
🤗 Formerly known as Anne Martine

Surest1tch

Re: Does anyone have The Tunic Bible and can you recommend it?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 10:18:18 AM »
I've seen it and thought about it because I prefer tunics or should I say tunic length tops but in the end decided the styles are too young for me (I'm 64  :S).  It does look very good for a younger person though.

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 11:20:18 AM »
PatternReview has just finished a 'tunic top' contest and this reviewer whom I guess is not young and certainly not thin, made what I consider to be a lovely version and for which I have voted.  I have also voted for this and again the wearer is not young, although she does have the flat bodyshape that I associate this this type of tunic.

Julie Starr, in the guise of JStarr, is a regular contributor to PR and both she and Goodbye Valentino sew very well.
What goes around comes around.

Bowerbird

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 12:35:51 PM »
I don't have any experience of the Tunic Bible, but I do love tunics (and I'm never going to see 60 again). My current favourites are the
https://www.tessuti-shop.com/collections/digital-download-pattern-tops/products/ola-tunic-top-pattern
and even more so the
https://www.tessuti-shop.com/collections/digital-download-pattern-tops/products/maggie-tunic-pattern. (Three so far, and another in the planning stage.)

As to being too young, I think it all depends on the material used and what you wear them with. I usually wear them with linen trousers, jeans or white ankle grazers. Smart but casual  0_0 (well I think so)

edit-apologies for the old-fashioned links, I seem to have failed the new way
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 12:48:11 PM by Bowerbird »
previously known as Plottie,

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 12:50:33 PM »
I do think this book looks interesting and has some very positive reviews so I've popped it on my Amazon wish list.

I do like to give my family good clues as to what I would like and its my Bday soon so fingers crossed.

I live in tunics as I prefer to have my waist and bum covered and I waved goodbye to 60 almost 5 years ago.
Desperately trying to alliterate in North Yorkshire

Fabric Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 16:28:48 PM »
I do like to give my family good clues as to what I would like and its my Bday soon so fingers crossed.

I live in tunics as I prefer to have my waist and bum covered and I waved goodbye to 60 almost 5 years ago.

Good idea! My birthday isn't till February but I guess it might wait till Christmas! I am also over 60 and think that it would fit in well in my wardrobe.
Anne
🤗 Formerly known as Anne Martine