The Sewing Place

Where We All Are ........ Click on here to register your location in the world

Iminei

Hi there,

Just by visiting this thread, you and the country you are in will be registered on the flag counter below enabling us to build up a better picture of where in the world The Sewing Place members are ......

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:21:47 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Francesca

I have made a Google Map, if you'd like your location added to it let me know via PM. I will include your username and rough location (feel free to give me a location nearby obviously you don't have to give your house address!)

Please note: anyone with the following link can view. This link is only published to members of TSP.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gP2SNNewHfbCD3FOOuKW2WBpZPek4Spz&usp=sharing

Francesca

The map is looking good! Lovely to see how spread out we are, just need some International members!

Sandra

We really are spread far and wide aren't we?

Lowena's spot seems so far away and remote.

Sandra.
xxx

Kenora

Lowena's spot seems so far away and remote.

It often feels like that, living down here, believe me. :S It's still a beautiful county though.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

BrendaP

Thanks for adding me.  The Google images link shows 2 images - the first one looking across the Thames estuary is right, but the second one with elephants????  Looks as though its somewhere in Asia (India).
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Sandra

Oooh, Brenda. I like your elephants.

Based on Brenda's discovery, I checked the images for Bilston...there were 10....and I don't recognise anywhere, and I've lived in Bilston for 51 years. No elephants to be found here I'm afraid.
A red car...a fire engine with Irish? signage..a shed...a kids play area...dodgems...an Indian man posing in front of a building somewhere...someones dog outside the back patio window...???

They're not really/in the slightest bit/at all representative of the actual location, but they've made me smile.

Sandra.
xxx

BrendaP

Even less informative are the non-existant pictures of Blandford Forum in deepest darkest Dorset where Iminei resides!
Brenda.  My machines are: Caroline a Singer 201K-3 born 1940, Thirza a Featherweight 221K born 1949, Azilia a Singer 201K born 1957 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/

Francesca

The photos that show are just photos that people have taken in the area and submitted to Google, so they're not intended to be a specially crafted representation of the area, just snaps taken locally. If you find one you think is wrong or not relevant there's an option to report it.

Sandra

I say, Keep the elephant picture...don't report it.  :D I like it.

It's better than the one I've got in 'Bilston' of the view from an upstairs window of a rotary washing line with a dusting of snow....or the empty car park with the building with large shutters. ><

Perhaps there really are elephants bathing in the Thames....it's just further up-river and you've never noticed  ;)

Sandra.
xxx

lakaribane

Ok, the counter says 2 people from Haïti. Who's the other member???

Kenora

Most of the photos of "my" location are accurate - at least, the coastal views are anyway. :) Pity, I rather fancied an elephant or two.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath