The Sewing Place

Looking for JemimaPuddleduck

b15erk

Looking for JemimaPuddleduck
« on: September 18, 2017, 13:01:44 PM »
It's that time of the year when I pick the needles up again.  First up will be some cardigans for Theo, but then I would like to knit Jemima Puddleduck for the girls for Easter.  I did Peter Rabbit last year and they loved him, so I think JP would be equally well received.

Problem: I can't find a copy!  :(

Only one is available on Ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beatrix-Potter-Knitting-Pattern-Peter-Rabbit-Brock-Jemima-Puddle-Duck-magazine/352165394167?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D46150%26meid%3Dcf4c5ea1af8c4994aa914fe5788f7b10%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D7%26sd%3D172100645537&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

.... but there are already 6 bidders, and it's up to £10.50 so far..... :S

Does anyone have a copy of this pattern for sale please, or know where I might get one?

The back copies of mags I've  looked at, only go back to 2014....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

maliw

Re: Looking for JemimaPuddleduck
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 14:26:33 PM »
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 14:58:44 PM »
I did see that Mal, and I was tempted. The Alan Dart one from Womans Weekly is just so pretty though....

Thank you so much for looking for me,

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

maliw

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 15:25:07 PM »
Sorry Jessie I couldn't find anything else inspite of following all sorts of links to downloads etc. Hope you find it.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 15:38:47 PM »
I looked a while ago Mal, and my neighbour said she had one, but turned out to be a different character....  :(

I'm going to see a knitting friend (I hope), later this week, so I'll see if she comes up with anything.

With 6 bids, and the price already over £10, I don't think I'll be going for the Ebay option!

Jessie

StitchinTime

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 16:38:44 PM »
Is the Mother Goose pattern on the Alan Dart website close enough for non-ornithologists?
http://www.alandart.co.uk/product/all-patterns/mother-goose/

I'm sure you'd be able to make a shawl more in keeping with the Jemima Puddleduck pattern, though the bonnet is slightly different.

b15erk

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 16:43:39 PM »
SiT, thank you!  I hadn't seen that - just focused on Jemima!  It's more or less the same bird isn't it?  ;)   I'm sure I could play with the colours.....

Thank you!  I'll give it a go!

Jessie

Elnnina

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 17:20:35 PM »
Jessie I have a copy of the Woman's Weekly Alan Dart group of Beatrix Potter knitting patterns, included are Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddleduck and Jeremey Fisher.  You can have these, as my one and only grandson is now 11.

Let me know your address and I can pop it in the post for you.

Happy knitting

Elnnina

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 17:29:22 PM »
Jessie, in addition to the previous posting about Jemima Puddleduck, I also have some other pull outs from magazines that you can have, they are a few  of Thomas the Tank Engine, Rupert Bear, Paddington Bear, another Peter Rabbit design for a jumper, a selection of Cindy Doll clothes and a couple of Action Man.  If these are of any use to you, they can all go in the same envelope.  Just let me know.

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 18:12:25 PM »
Elnnina, thank you so much! I have sent you a PM.

Jessie