The Sewing Place

Brother CV3550 double cover stitch machine

Bodgeitandscarper

Brother CV3550 double cover stitch machine
« on: September 19, 2017, 20:15:35 PM »
It's new and I've just ordered one!  It does an overlocking stitch on both sides, can't wait to play with it!

Ohsewsimple

Re: Brother CV3550 double cover stitch machine
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 19:09:57 PM »
Looks interesting.   I have seen some samples of what the two new machines do and first impression is good.  will be interested to hear what you think.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 19:59:12 PM »
I had the expected email today to say it's not actually in stock yet, they expect it "later September".  :(

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 13:57:05 PM »
The launch for dealers was only last Thursday so not surprising.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 16:51:17 PM »
It arrived last Wednesday, but only got time to unpack and try it today, and it's going back  :(

It's just so fiddly to thread, didn't like some of the thread I used, and I think the top cover stitch bit looks a bit "Heath Robinson" and it takes such a pull to get the fabric off, it'll never work with stretch fabrics.
I don't think it's me being not very good with it, I've used overlockers and normal coverstitchers with no problem, but this I'd just not bother getting out to use.  Very disappointing.  :(

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 21:42:22 PM »
Oh dear.  Such a shame.  As you,ve used coverstitch machines I assume you know you can't just pull the threads out as usual?   Of course you do and I will apologise up front.  :)
I have to say, I've never used a Brother overlocker I've liked yet!   And even the rep couldn't get one to work to my satisfaction.