The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place 1st Mystery Quilt

Lowena

Re: The Sewing Place 1st Mystery Quilt
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2017, 17:27:43 PM »
I too have a hankering to make dolls, but I fear it might be like dressmaking... too accurate and fiddly for me  :|
One of my d.i.l. makes miniature teddy bears, they're gorgeous...but she is gifted at crafting  <3
Oops, sorry for going off message  :|
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 18:26:59 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2017, 18:17:28 PM »
Goodyoh ...... there is a sight error in the destructions as the annotations say 6" strips and the photo is showing 5". Then it says cut 6" squares for the next stage. But if they are to end up 41/2" it would seem that they do start off as 5" as per the picture. Just checking before starting.

Sooooo sorry gals,

I had to add the annotations to the tut today as the original tut seem to have gone awol after my computer rebuild.

I have now altered the destructions in the clue, but thank you very much for picking that up!  :D

clue number 3 doesn't give much of a clue as to how it will appear in the greater scheme of things.

Lets say Clue 3 has a starring role in the overall ensemble!! ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 18:19:57 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lantana

« Reply #272 on: May 16, 2017, 19:14:19 PM »
Yes I made her for a friend/work colleague who was having a bad time at work, I thought it might cheer her up. The pattern was in a magazine at the time but I've lost it so can't make another one :(

Oh what a lovely present I'm sure it did cheer her up as 'she' makes me smile.

I'm sure you could make a doll Low your piecing is acurate and your big stitch quilting is so neat!  (But not until you've done this stage of the Mystery Quit!)

L :vintage:

wrenkins

« Reply #273 on: May 24, 2017, 13:47:27 PM »
First post so here goes.
My accuracy needs work, I have little patience and I struggle with contrast v mush in my colour schemes but I'm keen as mustard.
I found this thread yesterday and thought "that might be good fun" so I went off to look at suitable fabrics...and then my head blew up.
Oh my! Isn't it great???? 0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lantana

« Reply #274 on: May 24, 2017, 14:52:42 PM »
First post so here goes.
My accuracy needs work, I have little patience and I struggle with contrast v mush in my colour schemes but I'm keen as mustard.
I found this thread yesterday and thought "that might be good fun" so I went off to look at suitable fabrics...and then my head blew up.
Oh my! Isn't it great???? 0_0

Hello wrenkins and welcome :),

I love your avatar  <3

My head blew up when I was sorting through my stash for suitable fabrics ... don't worry it is recoverable from. I spent hours deciding the fabric choice .... in the end I just had to stick with a 'this is good enough' pile and go with it, If nothing else it will be an exercise to improve accuracy!

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with,

Lantana  :vintage:

wrenkins

« Reply #275 on: May 24, 2017, 17:00:52 PM »
Thanks Lantana. I'm a fan of gnomes...just not in the garden.  :x
I'm not really sure how to "go" a forum but I'm hoping to get the hang of it.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lantana

« Reply #276 on: May 24, 2017, 17:25:44 PM »
Thanks Lantana. I'm a fan of gnomes...just not in the garden.  :x
I'm not really sure how to "go" a forum but I'm hoping to get the hang of it.

I'm sure you will, just have a good look around and you'll soon get the hang of it and start to get to know people. There is plenty of help on hand both for technicalites of the forum and for sewing.

May I suggest that you write a quick hello on the introductions thread?

I've never had a gnome in the garden but I do have a couple of concrete teddies .... getting that aged worn look as I've had them for years and through a couple of moves!  :)

:vintage:

rubywishes

« Reply #277 on: May 29, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »
Concrete teddies Lantana???? Goodness, I've never seen a concrete teddy in a garden...don't s'pose you could post a pic for me???
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Lowena

« Reply #278 on: May 29, 2017, 10:15:23 AM »
Concrete teddies are a popular garden ornament over here Rubes.......... concrete kangaroos, not so much  :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lantana

« Reply #279 on: May 29, 2017, 11:42:33 AM »
Concrete teddies Lantana???? Goodness, I've never seen a concrete teddy in a garden...don't s'pose you could post a pic for me???

They are a bit shy but here they are.

:vintage:

Now back to the Mystery Quilt only logged in this morning to get the destructions for the latest stage!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 11:45:39 AM by Lantana »

rubywishes

« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2017, 13:12:49 PM »
OMG they are soooooooooooo cute!  Thanks for the pic  :)
  Hmmmmmm, Lowie...I must confess to not having a concrete kangaroo either! Actually, I don't have much of a garden either...not to good in the green thumb department I'm afraid  :)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Maximum

« Reply #281 on: May 29, 2017, 13:42:21 PM »
Lantana, your shy garden teds are fabulous. I really don't do garden ornaments but your teddies are very classy. I shall go looking for one of my own!
Sorry it's off-topic but too cute not to comment - I have slapped my wrist

Lantana

« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2017, 17:53:06 PM »
Thanks  :) They were a gift many years ago from a friend who worked at a garden centre. I like to put them semi hidden so it's a surprise to come upon them.  :flower:

L :vintage:

Sakar

« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2017, 15:12:44 PM »
Tomorrow is the 1st of June, so just 15 days to the next clue...  0_0

Pearl

« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2017, 18:43:30 PM »

Tomorrow is the 1st of June, so just 15 days to the next clue...  0_0
0_0 0_0 0_0  I'm loving this mystery.  And in the meantime, we'll have the BOM to keep us busy.