The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place 1st Mystery Quilt

Iminei

Re: The Sewing Place 1st Mystery Quilt
« Reply #360 on: August 05, 2017, 15:36:11 PM »
Thank you everyone,

I was surprised myself, as I had used pastels (not my thing) ... I even had grave doubts after the first block ... like most of you did too but am very pleased at the end result.

The check brushed cotton was a find that I bought a lot of when I made the cowboy quilt a few years ago and it went just perfectly with the strong orange in Fabric no. 6.

It is a fabulous design to quilt as there are so many reference points to start from ....

I did wonder if some of you would  remember this design when I revealed it from our years at TSF ...
I first made this design in the Autumn of 2015 and it became a Birthday and Christmas present for my Auntie Gell...

This was the Wall Hanging size, again extended with Clue 5's and four extra Clue 7's...
I QAYG'ed it ... see the joining strip between the WH layout and my extension ???

So Girls, do finish this beautiful quilt, it will come together really fast ... you have already done all the work ...
and please, Post pics of your finished creation.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 15:40:16 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

supergran

« Reply #361 on: August 05, 2017, 17:17:02 PM »
Yes, Iminei, I remember this quilt from TSF, and truthfully, I was kinda hoping that it was going to be the mystery quilt, so thank you for answering my prayer. It's a beautiful quilt and if mine is half as good I'll be well chuffed! I'll be starting to put it together tomorrow as I spent today finishing Syrinx's BOM (not 100% successfully, but that's life). <3

maliw

« Reply #362 on: August 05, 2017, 17:19:53 PM »
Your quilt is lovely Im. I really must get my act together, I've still got to do July and August BOM as well as this, maybe FOQ will inspire me and give me a kick up the b-m. Thanks for all your hard work Iminei.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lowena

« Reply #363 on: August 05, 2017, 18:05:48 PM »
Thank you for all the hard work you have put into the tutorials Iminei. Your quilt is lovely and I look forward to seeing the ones everyone else has made..... lots of photos please  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Yankee Doodle

« Reply #364 on: August 05, 2017, 19:52:27 PM »
It is really striking, Iminei.  Paint brushes have been put away and I'm heading back to the sewing machine.  Looking forward to seeing how all these quilts come out!

YD

Pearl

« Reply #365 on: August 05, 2017, 20:14:04 PM »
I  love how you have incorporated a block with the backing and it fits in with the quilting, Imi.  So much food for thought. :loveit:

Lowena

« Reply #366 on: August 06, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »
I have decided it is negative to imply that I might not finish the Mystery Quilt or the BOMs.......... and........... I can't bear unfinished projects....so...........I will finish the quilt and the blocks.... even the bl***y geese!  :ninja:

supergran

« Reply #367 on: August 06, 2017, 13:26:28 PM »
I've just laid out the blocks I've done and I really like it so...... sod the wall hanging size, it's going to be a double. I'm off to make a load more clue 6's. I might be some time.  ;)

Lowena

« Reply #368 on: August 06, 2017, 13:44:59 PM »
That's the spirit SG, looking forward to seeing the results

Pearl

« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2017, 17:21:56 PM »
I'm also regretting going for the wall hanging, but haven't got enough of 3, 4 or 5 for a double.  -<

supergran

« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2017, 20:16:02 PM »
I'm not sure I have enough either Pearl, and I have to wait until September to get any more. I did all the extra clue 6's and laid as many bits on the bed that I had done, and you know what? I think I prefer the layout of the wall hanging after all!!! Don't know what to do now, so I'm leaving it till tomorrow to decide. -<

Iminei

« Reply #371 on: August 09, 2017, 09:31:11 AM »
but haven't got enough of 3, 4 or 5 for a double.

Have you got any fabrics that are of the same colour/tone you could make up some more clues in similar fabric along with what remaining fabrics you do have left and make a quilt with a scrappier feel. Brenda would be excellent with this.

The majority of the quilt is background with the clue 5's used as joining blocks... especially if you elongate it away from the Square design suggested!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

supergran

« Reply #372 on: August 09, 2017, 14:01:32 PM »
Ive taken pics of both versions and the double looks better from the vantage point on the step stool looking down at it. There are still a few blocks to do to finish it as a double and I'm holding my breath and hoping I have enough fabric, even if I have to piece some scraps of fabric 6.
So, what do you think? Which one?
Obviously nothing stitched together yet.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 14:03:27 PM by supergran »

Lowena

« Reply #373 on: August 09, 2017, 14:03:16 PM »
The double for me.... more is more, in this case  :D
 :ninja:

Acorn

« Reply #374 on: August 09, 2017, 16:06:14 PM »
Wot Low said.  Double does it for me too. 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.