99K with Buttonholer £20 Plymouth, Devon

Madame Cholet

99K with Buttonholer £20 Plymouth, Devon
« on: September 23, 2017, 20:34:18 PM »
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 20:41:05 PM by Madame Cholet »

arrow

Re: 99K with Buttonholer £20 Plymouth, Devon
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 22:19:58 PM »
The buttonholer alone often cost the same, at least if you want one with manual and in nice condition. The only thing that's a bit odd about it, is the lamp, it looks like those on model 15s. I have only seen the open narrower type lamp, even on the later 99s with stitch length lever. It's probably not an issue at all, and these days LED bulbs solve all the problems with heat and the thick glass lens. The glass lens is sometimes missing because the bulbs can burn out because of the heat. Some bulbs were better though, same standard as for baking ovens.

Sidetrackign a bit but I notice this fishing reel, some of the old ones are nice.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 00:08:49 AM by arrow »

Surest1tch

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 22:46:18 PM »
That looks like it could be in really good condition and despite the distance I am tempted but I've promised myself no more machines.  I still haven't used the last 3 I bought  :fish:

Madame Cholet

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 23:08:13 PM »
That looks like it could be in really good condition and despite the distance I am tempted but I've promised myself no more machines.  I still haven't used the last 3 I bought  :fish:

That's what I promised myself too very recently.

However I then spotted the Bernina 840 Favorit on Gumtree for £5, and just couldn't resist... OK so it was 100 miles away, but I went with a friend, we set off early, and made a really lovely day out of it! Visited all kinds of fab places on the return journey, and had a great time.

A while back I bought another Bernina, a 717, from Wiltshire (off ebay), and my daughter booked us a hotel overnight for us to stay in... vintage sewing machine shopping, coupled with a mum-and-daughter micro-holiday, which included a day out visiting Glastonbury, and all manner of historic sites in Wiltshire. We had a wonderful time!

(Just call me The Enabler, lol!  :devil:)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 23:22:02 PM by Madame Cholet »