The Sewing Place

Robin Bambino 2488

b15erk

Robin Bambino 2488
« on: September 26, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »
A little cardigan for Theo.  This pattern is donkeys years old and I started it while waiting for Jemima Puddleduck  ;)

The hardest part is always the sewing up, which seems to take ages.  I like flat seams so it does take a little while longer.

I'm going to look for a little hat pattern to use up the rest of 100grm ball.

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lowena

Re: Robin Bambino 2488
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:09:48 AM »
Do babies still wear cardis? ( we did but my kids and grandkids didn't )  I hope so cos it's very sweet  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:59 AM »
What a sweet cardi and a lovely colour.  I see you didn't attempt a steek!
Life's too short for ironing.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »
DD loves the children in hand knitted stuff Lowena, and my friend supplies a lot of it - she knits far more than me.  DD likes to put a cardigan or sweater over his babygro, as, unlike Lilya, he's a cold baby.

Plosh, I will leave the Steeking to you  ;)  I'm struggling to figure out (again), how to adapt a circular needle pattern to a pair of 'normal' needles :)

I''ve found a lovely pattern here: https://www.purlsoho.com/create/2014/01/23/lauras-loop-garter-ear-flap-hat/

but I haven't got a circular needle at work.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 14:23:25 PM »
Hope you work it out Jessie, that is one cute hat.