The Sewing Place

Buttons - Habby World

Gernella

Buttons - Habby World
« on: September 24, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »
I've been getting my buttons from Totally Buttons but the latest lot, didn't look quite right and the one I really wanted was not the right size and another one, which I got to compare previously, they no longer sold .  I had got a second lot from them that were fine but a bit drab so I started looking and came across Habby World, which had the button I wanted and the right size.

What fascinated me though was the website, never seen one like it, very plain and a bit home-made looking.  Has anyone else used them before?
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Acorn

Re: Buttons - Habby World
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:58:57 AM »
Fascinating - once you get past the front page ( www.habbyworld.co.uk ) it's much better.  Using Times New Roman on the front page makes it quite hard to read and also makes it look old-fashioned and homemade.  A lot of the links from the front page don't work, but they do take you to a page where you can probably find what you're looking for, with a much better font. 

If you use www.habbyworld.co.uk/sewing_shop/ as their front page things are better, but again they've used a strange choice of font - comic sans this time - which looks very amateurish.

I'd say they've probably been around for quite a long time and have effectively replaced the front page with the second one I looked at, but don't have the necessary redirections set up.

I'll stop the critique now - you'll have to forgive me, I'm a web designer and developer - and say that the stock and the range of stock does look good.  I'll certainly bookmark them for future reference.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:00:43 AM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.