Marks and Spencer incorrect descriptions

Lyn-J

Re: Marks and Spencer incorrect descriptions
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 23:34:51 PM »
and the checks don't match EEEEEK!

fajita

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 01:00:23 AM »
It's probably a ploy by their advertising department to get people looking. After all, if they were labelled correctly, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?

UttaRetch

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 08:05:40 AM »
and the checks don't match EEEEEK!
I have yet to see pattern matching on ready to wear. 

toileandtrouble

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 14:27:14 PM »
They do not always mention the fibre content, nor the care instructions.   It is a real battle to find out what their sizing means.  What is medium or large in a hat?  or a shirt?   If they want to sell online they ought to make it easier to choose.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2017, 18:19:50 PM »
It is a real battle to find out what their sizing means.  What is medium or large in a hat?  or a shirt?   If they want to sell online they ought to make it easier to choose.

If you select a garment to look at, on the page there will be a size guide button.  Click on that and it will take you to a page with all that info.

Acorn

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 19:25:33 PM »
Care and composition is at the bottom of the 'Description' window for an item.  You may have to scroll down because the window is a fixed size, but I've never known it not be there.  I am very fussy about composition!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 21:46:38 PM »
Thank you both very much, just tried that.  Only found the size table from the search box until now.  What a fount of knowledge this site is!
 Earlier in the year we ordered a man's hat from the sale page, but there was definitely no size guide for that hat then. In fact, I complained about it. Perhaps it was just the sale page.  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 21:54:31 PM by toileandtrouble »
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Gernella

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 10:08:24 AM »
This

is described as a mini skirt.  0_0

I was there when mini was around the first time, and the possibility of sight of the knicker was essential, usually on a slight bend over.  May be it's because the white laced boots are missing that it looks different!
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 12:08:30 PM »
I was there when mini was around the first time, and the possibility of sight of the knicker was essential, usually on a slight bend over.  May be it's because the white laced boots are missing that it looks different!

Were they patent?   I had white patent shoes with ribbon laces.  :o. Worn with my favourite purple corduroy mini skirt up round my rear. It had a wide belt and big gold buckle.  Mum used to make my stuff and she,d got this out of 50 cm of fabric!
I remember spending ages trying to find tights that didn't have the thicker or reinforced tops because they showed under a mini skirt.  0_0