The Sewing Place

Have decisions been made yet .... have projects come to fruition?

Lowena

As someone who loves things to be super organised, I am a tad confused  :|
FPP, Sandwich of the month, ideas for a group quilt, block / present swap, results of mystery quilt..........have they all disappeared into the ether?, have decisions been made?, are projects ongoing?, is anyone / everyone following / participating? are there things in the pipeline I've missed?
I know I've been a bit incommunicado and may have taken my eye off the ball for a bit, but, I'd love to know how ( /if ) things are progressing.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

Re: Have decisions been made yet .... have projects come to fruition?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 17:48:15 PM »
Nope!

Ideas are marinading for the Group quilt idea (and a bonza new one yet to be discussed)

Syrinx is awol. ... hopefully on her hols.

Mystery quilt, a couple have been finished, Yankee Doodle and Twopence, others  yet to be presented

and the BOM , peeps blocks have started to appear and blooming marvellous they are too.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

twopence

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 17:56:24 PM »
I'm still working my way womanfully through the BOM's and do need to do the FPP one as I have an FPP C*mas table centre piece that I would like to have on the table this year.
My mystery quilt top is finished but I need to layer it up and complete it.  I can do this at the quilt class I go to as the room next door is empty and I can push tables together to layer it.  I need to do this as with replacement knees and hip crawling on the floor is a definate no no.

maliw

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 20:36:03 PM »
I'm considering/planning the October BOM. The mystery quilt is still being constructed and I haven't even thought about the FPP block - life took over.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

rubywishes

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 07:00:59 AM »
Mystery quilt has demised and gone due to not enough fabric to redo some steps, fpp scared the wits out of me and the BOM I failed miserably at keeping up. I know, I know......boring me....sigh  And with 3 quilts in various stages of construction and exasperation I think I am "up to pussys' bow" ATM.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:02:46 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Syrinx

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 18:42:59 PM »
Sorry Low,

My partner took me away for surprise birthday holiday so I was away for a bit. When I returned Internet problems. Had a horse rug that needed finishing and needed to use pro tailor friend's kit and studio so that took up some time. Also I've broken my thumb. Which is very annoying. Metal gate, thumb, wooden fence... Does not end well for thumb!

I'll hopefully get the fpp and sandwich tuts up on Tues for everyone. Nice and easy. And I may try to get some more of my fpp lap quilt done and pics up.

supergran

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 19:12:00 PM »
Good to hear from you Syrinx, I was getting worried about you. I hope you enjoyed your holiday. Looking forward to seeing the new tuts.  :D