The Sewing Place

Love Notions patterns 50% off

Puzzler

Love Notions patterns 50% off
« on: October 24, 2017, 07:15:09 AM »
I had a notice that Love Notions, of Laundry Day Tee fame, have reduced the prices of all their patterns. https://www.lovenotions.com

Francesca

Re: Love Notions patterns 50% off
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:12:44 AM »
I've sewn quite a few and I like them, though I find their shoulders much much too big (I am narrow shouldered, so I usually grade between sizes for a smaller fit but I found these much wider than normal). But they are good patterns with excellent instructions.

I'm wearing my LDT right now in fact. The Whistler hoodie was the one I found to be too wide on the shoulders, though I fully plan to sew it again (and I think it would benefit from a thin jersey rather than the loopback sweatshirt stuff I used), I also had a go at the Rhapsody blouse but had the same issue with the width as I found so much fabric pooling and collapsing across the middle of my bust due to my narrowness (I ended up having to cut straight up the middle to reduce the excess and put in a faux button band).

Fiona M

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 11:14:26 AM »
Thanks, I have bought a couple that look useful.  At that price, rude not to!

Sewbee

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »
I went to have a look as well but noticed the dollar sign. I tried to find out where they are located but couldn't find it. In any case, looks as if they are overseas but if a few patterns are purchased it might be worth the postage.

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 11:36:32 AM »
I went to have a look as well but noticed the dollar sign. I tried to find out where they are located but couldn't find it. In any case, looks as if they are overseas but if a few patterns are purchased it might be worth the postage.

They are all PDFs Sewbee, so no postage worries, just lots of sticking!

I am another fan, the patterns are versitle and adaptable, there are always a lot of hacks on her website and FB page.

The only one I would not make again were the Summer Caye pants, way too much fabric in the leg.

Sewbee

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »
They are all PDFs Sewbee, so no postage worries, just lots of sticking!

I am another fan, the patterns are versitle and adaptable, there are always a lot of hacks on her website and FB page.

The only one I would not make again were the Summer Caye pants, way too much fabric in the leg.

Ohh no! I forego PDF patterns. Too much fiddle when you can get similar ones in printed version. That reminds me I need to get a new printer. This one was new a year ago and recently it wasn't printing and asked for a cartridge to be replaced, so I replaced it. Still not printing though. I've cleaned it to no avail! Even the new cartridge only shows a skeleton of ink on the page, like all the other cartridges.

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 11:48:02 AM »
The sticking together is easy peasy with LN because they have trimless joining (no scissors required) and also you can print out just select sizes (1 or 2, if you need to grade). It makes them much more a joy to put together. I'd definitely consider it. It's absolutely nothing like sticking Lekala and such together.

She's also quite mindful about not over-printing so there is a whole sheet telling you which pages to print for your needs. And the LDT for example the front and back are the same less the neckline so she instructs you to cut the neckline piece out, then you can replace it for when doing the back.

Fiona M

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 17:20:28 PM »
I really like pdf patterns because you can just print a new copy off as often as you like, use different sizes etc.  And storing them is easy - they don't fill my sewing room drawers up.  0_0

Puzzler

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 19:29:25 PM »
I also had a go at the Rhapsody blouse but had the same issue with the width as I found so much fabric pooling and collapsing across the middle of my bust due to my narrowness (I ended up having to cut straight up the middle to reduce the excess and put in a faux button band).

I made a quick toile of the Rhapsody. I found the back didn't fit me too well and though I had made my usual adjustments. I'll have another go someday.

Acorn

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 21:18:06 PM »
I had the same problem with the fabric pooling with the Rhapsody.  I fixed it to some extent with darts (as a design feature!!) but when I looked through the examples of ones people had made I found an awful lot of people had the same problem.

I also had a quite bizarre problem with the sizing, but I suspect that was me rather than the pattern.

I like Love Notions patterns very much - generally speaking they either fit me very well, or are easy to grade.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.