The Sewing Place

Having a week off

supergran

Having a week off
« on: October 08, 2017, 19:33:01 PM »
My daughter is coming Tuesday to stay for a week (YAY!! I'm so looking forward to seeing her) so my sewing space has to be dismantled and turned back into a bedroom for her. So no sewing for me for a week, but I'll still be looking on here to see what everyone else is up to.  :ninja:
I've been practising some FMQ and was going to post a picture but it's red stitching on red fabric so it didn't show up. Just as well really, it's not great. Not a patch on yours Ploshy. It's going to take many many more hours of practise to be worth looking at.  :(

Vegegrow

Re: Having a week off
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 19:59:04 PM »
Have a good week with your DD SG
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

supergran

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 20:04:26 PM »
Thank you vege, I will.  <3

supergran

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 13:57:01 PM »
I took a picture using my camera instead of my phone so you may be able to see the quilting on it. Need more practise!

BlueCat

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 14:10:34 PM »
Wow, that looks really good.  Makes my efforts pale into significance!

Have a lovely week with your daughter. The weather is looking good for them

Ellabella

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 14:41:05 PM »
SG that looks awesome.

I'd be happy to have that on my quilt 0_0.

supergran

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 15:55:20 PM »
It's only ok from a distance and the blending thread helps. Up close you can see lots of places where it's gone off course, and travelling stitches have travelled miles away from the previous line! This was only a small sample piece, I can't imagine how I'd manage a quilt sized piece! QAYG would be the only option, I think.
Thanks for the nice comments though, gives me hope that some day I might be able to do this.  :D

Ellabella

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 16:18:31 PM »
How many people are going to scrutinize an actual quilt closely?

So many people worry about faults only they can see whereas most people would look at the piece and see only beauty.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 16:52:57 PM »
I took a picture using my camera instead of my phone so you may be able to see the quilting on it. Need more practise!

Well I think your work is wonderful.
 :)

supergran

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 21:02:16 PM »
Oh, thank you so much for your  kind words, you lovely people. It's lovely to belong to a group who gives so much encouragement to us who feel we are struggling. I would have probably given up without you all. Of course you are right, Ellabella, we do find fault with our work instead of being proud of what we have achieved.
Thanks again, ladies. xx  <3