The Sewing Place

Why is it that.......

rubywishes

Why is it that.......
« on: October 12, 2017, 06:05:41 AM »
..........I do the absolutely most perfect, perfect fmq curl on the very last curl that my quilt top needs?  :angry:  0_0
..........I break a needle approximately 12" from finishing sewing my binding on?
..........when I change my thread colour I then realise I haven't finished all the quilting I need to do with that colour?

Anyone else thinking "this" about something?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

fajita

Re: Why is it that.......
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »
Why is it that when you have a day off you wake ridiculously early, and when  you have something planned for that day off you need a ten ton digger riding over your head to wake you up on time.

Deafoldbat

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 18:53:06 PM »
You forgot the running out of bobbin thread 6 inches from the end of the binding.

These things are generally regarded as the immutable laws of quilting, but as Fajita knows, other things also have immutable laws, the gist of which is anything that can go wrong will go wrong, at the most inconvenient moment. This law has a shorter name, too. ;)

Sewingsue

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 19:43:54 PM »
You forgot the running out of bobbin thread 6 inches from the end of the binding.

These things are generally regarded as the immutable laws of quilting, but as Fajita knows, other things also have immutable laws, the gist of which is anything that can go wrong will go wrong, at the most inconvenient moment. This law has a shorter name, too. ;)
You mean Murphy's Law -  :ninja:
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 20:28:21 PM »
why that really ..really ...simple job that will only take a moment... take twice as long as you expect  ><
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz