The Sewing Place

Suggestion box and bugs!

Francesca

Suggestion box and bugs!
« on: February 28, 2017, 14:37:04 PM »
Hello everyone!

We are likely to have some teething issues and possibly some suggestions for things we want in the site.

If you have suggestions, please let us know here. We can discuss and will aim to give a "yes no maybe" based on whether it's possible and how long it might take.

If you spot a bug, such as a problem with the forum software or how something looks, please post it here for the time being. Please also include the following:

1. What the problem is (provide a screenshot if it's visual)
2. What you expected to see
3. What browser you're using, with Version.
4. What device you're using.

Thank you very much, hopefully there won't be too many problems!

--------------

Issues Tracked

filesize() warning at top of page - we are aware
Return to topic after I post - DONE
Some user's "online" indicator falls onto a new line - noted
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 13:23:55 PM by Francesca »

Gernella

Re: Suggestion box and bugs!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:12:33 AM »
I'm registered but not 'approved' yet so presumably can't do my donation yet.  I seem to be able to wander round and have a look.  How long will my approval take?
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:14:52 AM »
Not really a bug, just to mention... When you post, sometimes (or maybe it is always) ones you press 'post' it accepts it but then takes you out of that thread.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »
Have just noticed that this message comes up at the top of the screen from time to time. Everything seems to work OK though.

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /home/k6vkgu51x5q3/additional_domains/thesewingplace.org.uk/public_html/cache/data_2a9e12d5d2288a97930ca84e23afbf91-SMF-modSettings.php in /home/k6vkgu51x5q3/additional_domains/thesewingplace.org.uk/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2777

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:38 AM »
I'm registered but not 'approved' yet so presumably can't do my donation yet.  I seem to be able to wander round and have a look.  How long will my approval take?

I believe you are fully approved!

You should be able to choose subscribership by going to Profile > Actions > Paid Subscriptions :) Let me know if you have trouble.

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 11:26:14 AM »
Not really a bug, just to mention... When you post, sometimes (or maybe it is always) ones you press 'post' it accepts it but then takes you out of that thread.

I will see if this can be changed. Has been changed.

Have just noticed that this message comes up at the top of the screen from time to time. Everything seems to work OK though.

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /home/k6vkgu51x5q3/additional_domains/thesewingplace.org.uk/public_html/cache/data_2a9e12d5d2288a97930ca84e23afbf91-SMF-modSettings.php in /home/k6vkgu51x5q3/additional_domains/thesewingplace.org.uk/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2777

We are aware of this issue and it will be investigated :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:36:10 AM by Francesca »

C3PO

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 11:35:04 AM »

Thanks Tamnymore. We are working on this. As you say it does not stop anything from working
Be excellent to one another

ajuga

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »
I had trouble logging in and found it to be a Chrome issue. Now that I access the forum through Explorer no problem at all. Just thought this might help others having problems in Chrome.

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 12:11:23 PM »
Brilliant, thanks for the quick response, Fran and C3PO!

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 12:41:41 PM »
Have you been approved yet Gernella...Do let us know one way or the other as this is a massive learning curve for me too!!!

Imi
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »
I had trouble logging in and found it to be a Chrome issue. Now that I access the forum through Explorer no problem at all. Just thought this might help others having problems in Chrome.

I'm using Chrome and it's ok for me...

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 13:08:23 PM »
I only ever use Chrome and have had no problems whatsoever
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 13:16:57 PM »
My username doesn't really fit the little box next to my posts - what a shame.  Any way of changing that?  I also notice some have the little circle on one line then their name underneath, presumably again due to limited space?
Not really a major problem, it just upsets my "ocd"!!

Francesca

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 13:22:04 PM »
My username doesn't really fit the little box next to my posts - what a shame.  Any way of changing that?  I also notice some have the little circle on one line then their name underneath, presumably again due to limited space?
Not really a major problem, it just upsets my "ocd"!!

Mine too!

Noted and will likely be adjusted this evening. The online symbol will probably move to sit in the top corner of everyone's avatar.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 13:30:43 PM »
Mine too!

Noted and will likely be adjusted this evening. The online symbol will probably move to sit in the top corner of everyone's avatar.
Thanks.  I should have chosen a short, snappy username shouldn't I?  ::)
And I've now found the "quote" button  :D