The Sewing Place

Suggestion box and bugs!

Littleswadie

Re: Suggestion box and bugs!
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 22:01:09 PM »
Ohhhh! It's not that I've found a bug - I've discovered that I am a bug and looking for advice. Now just over half-way through unpacking - so much worse than packing - too many things scattered about without a proper home. Then my clutch went - didn't need that. But, the most important thing this morning was to make my donation and register. So... went to my PP account made the gift donation and then registered. Now I've discovered an email from PP to say that I've sent the money to ininie...

Can someone please tell me, in very simple words, what I should do?

Francesca

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 22:29:48 PM »
This?

Perfect thank you. I will investigate. I admit I haven't got a tablet so haven't been able to test everything properly.

Francesca

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 22:31:27 PM »
Ohhhh! It's not that I've found a bug - I've discovered that I am a bug and looking for advice. Now just over half-way through unpacking - so much worse than packing - too many things scattered about without a proper home. Then my clutch went - didn't need that. But, the most important thing this morning was to make my donation and register. So... went to my PP account made the gift donation and then registered. Now I've discovered an email from PP to say that I've sent the money to ininie...

Is your PayPal address different from the one used to sign up here?

The Imis will tie your user here together with your donation if the addresses are the same. If they are not, please give one of the Imis a private message to let them know so they can tie your PayPal payment with your account.

I'm afraid I am not keeper of the cash so I cannot do this for you.

MrIminei

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 22:54:10 PM »
Perfect thank you. I will investigate. I admit I haven't got a tablet so haven't been able to test everything properly.
I have a selection of iPads & Android tablets available - will be able to do more testing on Friday.

Initially we thought that a different theme would be the answer for mobile devices, but Fran is making such headway with the TSP theme that I think we should persevere.

The problem that Swisslass has posted also exists on a PC with the resolution set low, so it will probably relate to minimum browser width.

MrIminei

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 22:55:05 PM »

Hi Littleswadie. PM sent

Ellabella

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2017, 23:13:29 PM »
Sorry, its not a bug just a query.
What do the buttons on the identity boxes signify?

Francesca

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2017, 23:30:23 PM »
Sorry, its not a bug just a query.
What do the buttons on the identity boxes signify?

They are membership levels. One button is a new member, up to 5 buttons which is over 1000 posts.

However, if you have paid a subscription you are automatically given four buttons.

Administrators automatically have five buttons.

I may change this in time to make it more obvious.

Lilian

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 00:00:36 AM »
Just reading the previous posts and was interested in the 'buttons' if they are solid colours as opposed to clear buttons, does that mean how many a member has.  I read that a subscriber starts with four buttons.  I'm not sure if mine are right, I paid my sub but wonder if it hasn't been tied with my name?
Willing but not always able :)

Francesca

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2017, 07:27:44 AM »
Just reading the previous posts and was interested in the 'buttons' if they are solid colours as opposed to clear buttons, does that mean how many a member has.  I read that a subscriber starts with four buttons.  I'm not sure if mine are right, I paid my sub but wonder if it hasn't been tied with my name?

You have four buttons.

Efemera

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
When I post a reply it then takes me out of the thread.. is this how it works or is it because I'm using an iPad?

Just another question ... is everyone's post under their avatar?.. it takes a lot of space and scrolling... could the post be next to the avatar and not under it?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:29:08 AM by Efemera »

Francesca

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2017, 09:26:53 AM »
When I post a reply it then takes me out of the thread.. is this how it works or is it because I'm using an iPad?

Just another question ... is everyone's post under their avatar?.. it takes a lot of space and scrolling... could the post be next to the avatar and not under it?

Hello there!

The first point, that should not happen. I have adjusted the settings but I will double check they have applied to all suers.

The second point, this is an iPad only issue and we're aware of it but have not yet managed to fix it. Shortly you will find that your avatar sits to the side, same as desktop.

We have a lot of devices and browsers to get through with testing so please bear with us for the next few weeks.

maliw

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2017, 12:12:25 PM »
For some reason I haven't got any thumbs on my "profile" .  Thats OK as people don't have to like me or not as the case may be. :D
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Francesca

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 12:18:34 PM »
For some reason I haven't got any thumbs on my "profile" .  Thats OK as people don't have to like me or not as the case may be. :D

You won't see thumbs on your own poster section, so you can't give yourself karma! I see your thumbs though :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 12:43:30 PM »

The posts go underneath each avatar on my Android phone too, but there wouldn't be room for them to be side by side really, so I guess this is correct?

ajuga

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 13:01:36 PM »

I wondered about this. On my PC the post is under the avatar.