The Sewing Place

Suggestion box and bugs!

Marniesews

Re: Suggestion box and bugs!
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2017, 02:54:11 AM »
Thank you for the advice, Mr I. I'll definitely give that a go and see what I get.  :)

That's working nicely, thank you...and I get your quirky emoticons too!   :| :pin:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 03:04:38 AM by Marniesews »
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Francesca

« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »
Off on a different suggestion here - probably just for those using a laptop for TSP as it doesn't seem as big a deal on the phone when scrolling is second nature.

It's the spread of messages on the screen, or rather single messages. I have a fairly standard sized screen (15.6") and if I scale it down it goes down in width as well as height so it's not that helpful for text legibility. The amount of white space and gaps between the messages add to this. Is it because this layout is more tailored to the portrait orientation of a phone which I know many people will be using?

I can mostly only see one message at a time and find this significantly reduces the flow of reading through a thread in comparison to the other forums I've been using recently. Quite possibly on those the balance of best fit for phone & laptop is reversed as I always end up turning it to landscape to read. It's not a biggie right now of course but perhaps something that might be considered when all the nuts and bolts issues have been sorted and you're reviewing this type of general improvement option.

I could list all the things I do like here - which wouldn't be difficult at all. Lots of thought and listening to ideas have clearly gone into it already.   :)

I believe this is caused by an issue with the stylesheet for a certain width that's in-between mobile and a largish desktop. I promise I will get round to it at some point, but it's getting to the stage that we need to rebuild a lot of the code because the original source we're using doesn't have the best code for adaptability. So it's a few hours work (that I promise I will get round to!)

Marniesews

« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2017, 13:11:57 PM »
So it's a few hours work (that I promise I will get round to!)
I've changed my theme to Curve, as suggested, which has helped too so that's fine for now and I know you'll get around to it when you've dealt with much more essential stuff. In the main, it's aesthetics rather than function.

Thank you.  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lilian

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2017, 23:20:32 PM »
I have noticed that when I click on the chat box it it overlaid by the grey (Reply - Unnotify - Mark unread) etc., when scrolling the page.  Is it only me or does it happen to others.  Not a major problem just a niggle  :|
Willing but not always able :)

MrIminei

« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »
Hi Lilian - that happens to everybody and should get fixed in Fran's major overhaul of the theme.

Francesca

« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2017, 07:12:55 AM »
Yes there are lots of niggles I have on my list which will be fixed with the major overhaul!

Lilian

« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2017, 13:50:55 PM »
Thank you both.  I was wondering if it was my set-up causing it.   :D
Willing but not always able :)

rowe1311

« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2017, 20:04:30 PM »
I hope I am not repeating others, but just today my recent unread topics doesn't seem to be updating.  I am not sure if it is just me, but thought I should let you know.

MrIminei

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2017, 20:24:30 PM »
Thanks rowe - can't say at the moment but will keep an eye on it - mine looks o at the moment

rowe1311

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2017, 22:24:01 PM »
It seems fine now, so I am not sure what happened, but probably just me. 

Lantana

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2017, 22:50:42 PM »
I seem to have lost everyones avatars.  :(

:vintage:

Francesca

« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2017, 22:51:34 PM »
I seem to have lost everyones avatars.  :(

Please refresh your browser

Lantana

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2017, 23:07:38 PM »
Please refresh your browser

I'd no sooner posted this than I saw you'd already dealt with it on another thread  :) Magic!

Iminei

« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2017, 07:09:53 AM »
That avatar thing happened to me too the other day Lantana,
luckily I had tech support on hand.....

I'd be happy to hire him out for a small fee!!

(P.S if you can't afford his travelling expenses or want instant gratification the magic keys are....

CTRL and F5 at the same time!!!!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Tamnymore

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »
Would be quite happy to stump up travel expenses for tech support but worried that it might involve supplying a boat!  :)
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde