The Sewing Place

Suggestion box and bugs!

Tamnymore

Re: Suggestion box and bugs!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 14:36:11 PM »
Just to say I like that thingy whereby, if someone else posts in your thread while you are typing your essay of a post, you are asked if you want to review your post before posting - now that's good! ;D
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Francesca

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 14:42:31 PM »
Just to say I like that thingy whereby, if someone else posts in your thread while you are typing your essay of a post, you are asked if you want to review your post before posting - now that's good! ;D

I like it too! Though I am planning to restyle it as the red is very aggressive and makes it seem like you have done something wrong.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 16:10:59 PM »
I like it too! Though I am planning to restyle it as the red is very aggressive and makes it seem like you have done something wrong.
  The red is a bit scary!!

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 18:33:59 PM »
I think it's all beautiful ..... with the exception, if  I can make a teenie-weenie minor negative comment, of the boxes on the left-hand side with the avartars etc in them - some of them are quite long, and so if the poster has only written a couple of lines their "box" is longer than the post.  This can mean quite a lot of scrolling down.

Now ducking!
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Francesca

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 19:00:17 PM »
I think it's all beautiful ..... with the exception, if  I can make a teenie-weenie minor negative comment, of the boxes on the left-hand side with the avartars etc in them - some of them are quite long, and so if the poster has only written a couple of lines their "box" is longer than the post.  This can mean quite a lot of scrolling down.

Now ducking!

Yes, this is an awkward one.

The solution would be for us to crop everyone's avatars to square. This would be my personal preference as it makes life much, much easier.

However I know a lot of people will be up in arms about that. A very tough one. I am already having to code around it to wrangle it into submission, square avatars would stop that immediately.

UttaRetch

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 19:19:47 PM »
Have just noticed that this message comes up at the top of the screen from time to time. Everything seems to work OK though.

Warning: filesize(): stat failed for /home/k6vkgu51x5q3/additional_domains/thesewingplace.org.uk/public_html/cache/data_2a9e12d5d2288a97930ca84e23afbf91-SMF-modSettings.php in /home/k6vkgu51x5q3/additional_domains/thesewingplace.org.uk/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2777

So it's just me getting this warning.  Phew  :D

UttaRetch

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 19:21:32 PM »
So it's just me getting this warning.  Phew  :D

Please miss, I think my avatar is already square.   :P

Vegegrow

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 20:21:50 PM »
I haven't done the avatar thing yet.. so if it would help  shall I crop my photo?
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 20:38:10 PM »
Just posted in the Gallery and under each entry there are options -   [UnApprove] [Edit] [Delete] - should they be there??  Not just for my pics, but all of them.

Francesca

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 21:03:58 PM »
Just posted in the Gallery and under each entry there are options -   [UnApprove] [Edit] [Delete] - should they be there??  Not just for my pics, but all of them.

Thanks for the heads up.

I need to create a dummy user to check these things, will let you know when!

Swisslass

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2017, 21:07:36 PM »
I'm on my iPad- no idea what a browser is

For me the page displays the Posting person/avatar box on the left hand side the then post is displayed underneath - shouldn't they be side by side? Is this something I've messed with?  -<
I'd like to think I was inspired, but maybe sewing is just hard wired

Francesca

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 21:09:30 PM »
I'm on my iPad- no idea what a browser is

For me the page displays the Posting person/avatar box on the left hand side the then post is displayed underneath - shouldn't they be side by side? Is this something I've messed with?  -<

Can you share a screenshot?

(On an iPad you can take one by holding the main button and the power button both at the same time, I think. Been a while since I used an iPad!)

Francesca

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 21:09:54 PM »
I haven't done the avatar thing yet.. so if it would help  shall I crop my photo?

If you can make it square and greater than 150px in size would be fab.

Swisslass

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 21:14:39 PM »
This?
I'd like to think I was inspired, but maybe sewing is just hard wired

sewing in oz

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 21:59:51 PM »
The red might be a bit scary, but if we could keep the warning a different colour to the usual, it means we won't miss it.