The Sewing Place

Scuba?

Acorn

Re: Scuba?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 14:00:45 PM »
From the same source I have purchased plain cotton feel poly scuba which is just like a double knit, and baby scuba which again is a double knit (and turned out to be very successful, I've had a lot of compliments when wearing the dress :) )
My scuba bore no relation whatsoever to that - unfortunately it's no longer available from the shop where I bought it so I can't give a link, but it was heavy, shiny, and although it was knitted it wasn't obviously so.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

BrendaP

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 22:59:53 PM »
I think that with nearly all fashion fabrics you have to accept that once it's gone, it's gone!
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 09:01:17 AM »
And good riddance to this one!   :P 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Happymrsg

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »
I've bought some!
I'll let you know how it goes :frock: :frock:

crooknees

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 17:30:47 PM »
Brenda, I bought some specially designed bras after a masectomy. I assumed that they were just normal pre-formed. They cause terrible itching and I will only wear one if my top/dress really needs it. I wonder if they are indeed some form of scuba fabric?
Plain cotton are much more comfortable, but they are a quite nasty shade of 'natural' beige and look as though designed to look deliberately ugly. Unfortunately in my small size there is little choice in ready to wear and having four of each type, I don't feel the urge to start making more.