The Sewing Place

Jalie 3461 Eleonore Pull on Jeans

b15erk

Jalie 3461 Eleonore Pull on Jeans
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »
I bought and printed this pattern on Friday to make some trousers for Lilya, but I was easily put off on Sunday, when I couldn't find the sizing, and was faced with numerous lines to unravel.

I decided to wait until Monday when I had a proper PC in front of me and I can 'see' things more clearly.

Firstly, I have to say, for £7, what an impressive pattern.  There are 27 sizes, going from age 2, to womens size 22!

I hadn't understood the layering system, but once I did, it meant that I could print off exactly the size I needed, which means not having to figure out a tangle of lines.

There is also a great deal of help on printing, and techniques on the website, but, best of all, a full, step by step tutorial on the assembly!  This looks an excellent pattern for anyone with children, who wants a quick and easy trouser pattern.

I will report back when I've made a pair up.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

Re: Jalie 3461 Eleonore Pull on Jeans
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »
I have been very impressed with the Jalie patterns I have used.

I am just finishing 2680 (sorry can't do links on my tablet), a lightweight jacket and it has gone together like a dream.

I have a pattern for some elasticated waist wide legged trousers, which I've    used about 10 times for me and my daughter, so easy to get a good fit.

With the size range you get they are very good value.

Fiona M

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 19:08:52 PM »
I love Jalie patterns, my TNT sweatshirt is from the Jalie hoodie pattern, and I agree the multiple sizes are very good value - and make it easy to adjust to fit.

rowe1311

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 19:58:54 PM »
I have used this pattern https://jalie.com/jalie3243-womens-pull-on-pants-patterns and find them great.  I have done a few pairs for myself and they are so easy and my go to trousers now. 

I do like the look of Eleonore so it will be good to see how you get on. 

Hachi

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 22:27:03 PM »
I have made 3 pairs of Eleonore for myself! Unfortunately, this fabric did not have enough stretch so I busted the waist band seams  :'(

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 09:10:46 AM »
They look great H, I think I may try a pair for myself.

What did you think of the sizing?  I've cut an I out for my DGD, but it looks big for age 5.  Only just started sewing though, so it may look better when I get some seams in.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Mama likes to make

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 23:28:02 PM »
I have these in the queue so I will be following!
2018 fabric used 12m.
2018 wardrobe items completed 6.

Hachi

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 09:07:57 AM »
What did you think of the sizing? 

I've only made adult size (I'm usually size R to T in Jalie) so I don't know if the kids size are good. But what I can tell you is that I LOVE Jalie sizing and fit. I think it's drafted for less hour-glass figure and narrower shoulder so that's perfect for me.

b15erk

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 09:32:31 AM »
Almost finished.  I can't do the last of the overlocking on the waistband in case it needs altering - and the legs certainly will!!  They are incredibly long for my short legged little GD!

So, I need to try them on her - unless she has had a growing spell on her jols, I anticipate taking about 5-6 inches off the legs.

Lovely pattern though, easy to put together.  Topstitching was more difficult because of the very stretch fabric, but I'm planning the next pair in a stretch twill so, should be better.

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 08:50:26 AM »
Tried these on Lilya, but although she loved them, they were too big.

She's 41/2, and on the small side, but DD has been buying her age 5 in rtw.  So, the plan is to make another pair in age 4, and see how that goes. 

Off to order some stretch twill....  ;)

Jessie