The Sewing Place

[FREE] Jersey scraps

Francesca

[FREE] Jersey scraps
« on: October 24, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »
I have a big bag stuffed full of jersey scraps.

Nothing is over a metre, but there are chunks definitely big enough for making small ladies garments (I'm thinking tank tops), kids clothes, baby clothes, knickers etc.

A whole mixed bag in terms of quality. Some thin, some thick, some sports, some cuddle soft, some slick and drapey.

I'm just asking for covering of postage at cost price (I can nick a big bag from work). I reckon there are a few kilos. Hermes does postage on up to 5kg for £5.99

Ellabella

Re: [FREE] Jersey scraps
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:23:41 PM »
Oooh please Fran. I ofter want small bits for contrast bindings etc.

Being cheeky ;) you're not destashing your sock wool are you?
Desperately trying to alliterate in North Yorkshire

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 12:26:31 PM »
I can have a look tonight, as then I might be able to post together. However I'd probably ask to charge for the balls of sock wool that are whole simply because they're not scrappy like this lot!

But the jersey is yours! I will weigh tonight and work it all out. I'll get the sock balls out and photograph them so you can choose what you might like.

If you like lots of 'em, it might take the lot over 5 kilos which is £7.99 postage.

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 12:31:09 PM »
OMG. I'm sooo sorry. I was downstairs cooking and just realised that it sounded like I was cadging.

I want to buy sock yarn, I'm knitting a mitered square blanket so need loads of balls but am more than happy to pay the going rate.

Off to hang head in embarrassment :\ :o :S :'( :| :( :S

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 12:36:25 PM »
No no it's fine! I just wanted to clarify that the full balls would be for sale. I presume you meant that too just wanted to check :)

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 23:09:01 PM »
Hi Ella,

I just realised I did a big brain fart and didn't package these up with the other wooly bits.... which I've now already paid the postage for. NO! I can't add any more as the jersey scraps will be over 5kg and I've put it on as a parcel under 2kg (the wool is well under).

So sorry, I'm a total idiot. I know you've already paid for postage once. The postage cost for this big pile of scraps would be another £8.50. Do you still want it? If not someone locally will take it.

Ellabella

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 23:24:42 PM »
When I read your message I thought Oh well, it was not meant to be, but then I found myself on PayPal and have sent you the money :D

No rush!

Francesca

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 13:01:02 PM »
Sorry Ella just saw this. Will package this evening!