The Sewing Place

[GONE] Unfinished knitting projects and balls of wool

Francesca

[GONE] Unfinished knitting projects and balls of wool
« on: October 24, 2017, 12:22:07 PM »
A huge bin bag stuffed full of unfinished knitting projects, some with accompanying fresh balls to continue or use for something else.

A mixed bag, hard to say what's in it. Some acrylic, some wool, Rowan Debbie Bliss etc! If you want to know exactly what it is I might be able to tell you.

I was thinking that some of these could be unravelled and used again for smaller projects like hats and scarves. Some even are hats and scarves! Or if you fancy you could try to finish them (there is a lovely cable knit scarf almost done with a ball to finish it!)

I'm just asking for covering of postage at cost price. I reckon there are a few kilos. Hermes does postage on up to 5kg for £5.99
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 13:00:37 PM by Francesca »

Kenora

Re: [FREE] Unfinished knitting projects and balls of wool
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 14:10:33 PM »
Fran, if you don't get anyone wanting to finish these projects I would be delighted to finish/unravel the yarn and use it for my charity work. I make for Loving Hands (www.lovinghands.org.uk) who supply knitted/crocheted/sewn items to all sorts of deserving charities in this country and abroad, both for adults and children.

I know from your other post that you've also put this on freecycle so you may want to wait until someone on there comes forward. I quite understand if you prefer it to go to someone who wants the items for themselves, especially since I'm fairly new to this forum and you don't know anything about me. :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 14:54:17 PM »
No that's absolutely perfect! I'd love it to go to charity. You get some people on freecycle who can be a bit odd and you never know what it's going to so I'd much rather it go to something worthwhile.

If you're happy to pay the postage, I can get it bagged up this evening (I can package it in the big plastic bags we have to send things out from work). I can probably throw in a few full unused balls of acrylic too if you'd like - it's stuff that has no resale value and I'm trying to reduce my stash to just things I really will enjoy wearing, and maybe I'm a yarn snob but acrylic doesn't do it for me!

I will weight it up tonight. I expect it to be under 5kg but it might go over, at which point the postage is £7.99 I think.

Kenora

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 17:28:10 PM »
Sorry I didn't see this before, Fran. I've been busily quilting this afternoon.  :)

Yes, I'm quite happy to pay whatever the postage/carriage costs are. I'd also be happy to pay for any full, unused balls of yarn to make it fairer. I'm not fussy if it's acrylic or not - it all keeps somebody, somewhere warm and cosy.

If you let me know how much you want I can pay as a gift through PayPal, unless you prefer some other method?

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 23:04:22 PM »
Hi Kenora,

I've just weighed up all the unfinished projects plus I've stuffed a bunch of balls in there too - free of charge. Happy to give to charity as I'll only be taking them to Oxfam anyway.

It's 4kg worth of wool so it will be £6.50 to post. I'm having other parcels collected Saturday so would be good to get this packaged and ready to go then too so I don't have to make a trip, if that's good with you. If you want to go ahead my PayPal is franchaselden@gmail.com.

Kenora

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 17:58:53 PM »
Thanks for weighing everything. I've just made the payment through PayPal. It will come through in DH's name so I've added a note referencing it to Kenora on TSP. Hope this helps. I'm looking forward to receiving it and working out what I'm going to do with it. <3

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 20:18:21 PM »
Got it! Can you send me your address via PM? It's not showing up on PayPal.

Kenora

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 21:14:15 PM »
Sorry Fran - forgot all about an address! I've just sent you a PM.

Francesca

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 10:40:21 AM »
Got it Kenora. I'm brining posting sacks home from work today and the courier will come collect it tomorrow :)

Kenora

Re: [GONE] Unfinished knitting projects and balls of wool
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 17:59:27 PM »
Hi Fran,

Hermes delivered the parcel this afternoon. I've had a quick look through and it all looks great. :D I've now got to spend some time thinking about what I'm going to do with it. The little scarves that are shaped like fish ( :fish:????) will go to the charity as they are. I hope to be able to finish the lovely cable scarf - do you know what size needles it was knitted on? The large balls of chunky acrylic will make a lovely warm blanket in mixed colours. That's just the initial ideas. Anyway, a very big thank you again - it's a huge amount of yarn and will keep me occupied for quite a while.  :)