The Sewing Place

Simplicity 1166

Ravingdoll

Simplicity 1166
« on: October 29, 2017, 21:25:26 PM »
Simplicity has become quite cool recently.  Depending on your tastes of course.  I made the blouse.  (I made the skirt too but for reasons I won’t go into totally messed it up and it ended up 3 sizes too small.  My mistake, not theirs).  It’s a 1950s vintage pattern and I am quite pleased with it. I love the oversized collar.  Reviews suggested that it is not quite as blouson as indicated on the pattern so I made for full rather than high bust and pinched out some fullness from the back.  Given that there is 13in between my bust and waist I wouldn’t say that the reviewers are wrong.  But I am happy with the tie as I can move around without my midriff being on show, it’s longer than the average blouse that ties in at the waist and will also tuck into a skirt nicely without.  I’ve never done a blouse where the sleeve goes in on a triangle like this and when it didn’t sit properly thought that was the problem and faffed around for ages.  Muv turned up and said that dart was too low from the side seam although it finished at the right point and, strangely, she was right and once that was corrected it fitted good!  Anyone would think she knew a bit about dressmaking .......  ;)     

UttaRetch

Re: Simplicity 1166
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 21:50:22 PM »
Ooh seersucker.  Great blouse.

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 21:57:25 PM »
That's a fabulous blouse. I love that vintage look.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Mocarroll

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:53 AM »
Great work! Love a bit of seersucker and no ironing.. :)

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 09:17:08 AM »
Love it!  I like that it's a bit longer too.  Very flattering.

Not seen seersucker for years, but it's lovely.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.