The Sewing Place

Is there a site to view all patterns?

Tamnymore

Re: Is there a site to view all patterns?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2017, 14:01:35 PM »
Having read negative things about indie patterns I'm nervous!

Another alternative is tracing from pattern mags, Burda being the Daddy (or should that be Mummy?) of them all. I have done some of this in my time but it is labour intensive and probably not the best approach for those who might regard themselves as not having a lot of experience. Having said that, I took out a 3 month subscription to Knipmode, a Dutch mag; this was flagged up as a good buy on TSP and it certainly is. The great thing about Knipmode is that ALL the patterns do go up to a UK size 24 (unlike Burda which only ha a section of its patterns in plus sizes). However it is in Dutch. I did manage to trace and make a dress from the last issue so it is possible without knowing any Dutch.

And of course, there are Italian and Spanish pattern mags too!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

maliw

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 15:35:14 PM »
I generally use sewingpatterns.com to look for something but not all the patterns are available here so I then go to Jaycotts to see if what I want is. I must admit StyleArc are my favourite at the moment.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

So Chic

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 14:01:51 PM »
I see Maliw has mentioned the American site "sewingpatterns.com" which shows patterns from every company but I think it's hard work navigating the site.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Sewbee

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 16:21:43 PM »
Thanks. That American site is not as good as it used to be - but lots better than nothing. :)