The Sewing Place

Boysen Berry Cowl

b15erk

Boysen Berry Cowl
« on: November 14, 2017, 09:26:59 AM »
I started this at the weekend when my sweater fell out of favour, and I was waiting for short circulars... (I'm still not getting on with the magic loop).

I'd already found this pattern on t'internet, and decided that it was a quick project and I needed to knit it! :)

https://www.amazon.com.au/Boysen-Berry-Neckwarmer-Knitting-Pattern-ebook/dp/B005WD6A3Q

I chose to use some silk mix yarn I got from a charity shop, and smaller gauge needles - 10's I think.  I really like it.

No problems at all, just a nice gentle knit.  I actually bought this pattern  :o - I know, I usually choose free ones! It's $5.40 but I think I'll be knitting a few.  I'll also be looking at some of Grace Mcewen's other patterns.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Kenora

Re: Boysen Berry Cowl
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 17:38:56 PM »
Very pretty - lovely colour too. <3

I learnt the magic loop recently but wouldn't use it from choice - it's a bit long-winded. :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 13:25:39 PM »
Nearly finished this, but waiting for a reply from the Pattern designer.  The recommended length is 42.5 inches, and it seems a tad long  :o

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »
Had a reply off the designer, and fingers crossed I'll have this finished today.  Not as helpful as I would have liked, but I will work to my own length.

Jessie