The Sewing Place

Pvc backed tablecloth type fabric

fajita

Pvc backed tablecloth type fabric
« on: November 16, 2017, 18:08:14 PM »
I know this type of fabric has an official name, but it just won't come to me at the moment.

Anyway, as I was waiting to be served my very boring blackout curtain lining, I spied this little beauty. All I need now is a project for it.  :D

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 19:29:31 PM by Fajita »

Acorn

Re: Pic backed tablecloth type fabric
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 18:34:33 PM »
I made a cover for my food mixer out of that fabric!  Looking back at the order, Terry's Fabrics just called it 'Baa Baa Curtain fabric'!

(Just editing to add that mine isn't PVC-backed - that would be a strange thing to describe as curtain fabric!)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 20:38:26 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Vegegrow

Re: Pvc backed tablecloth type fabric
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 20:30:30 PM »
There are 2 types of this fabric ..one is called American cloth this is a woven fabric with a pvc coating and often retails at about £10 a metre much harder wearing than the cheaper version which is not woven has a pvc coating and when I was selling it was about £4/5 a mtre
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:03:35 AM by Vegegrow »
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

fajita

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 23:19:25 PM »
This was £12 metre, so guess it's American Cloth, then.

They did have other patterns of the same material at £17 metre. I bought it last year when I'm sure it was £12.

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 09:04:40 AM »
This was £12 metre, so guess it's American Cloth, then.

They did have other patterns of the same material at £17 metre. I bought it last year when I'm sure it was £12.

I'm about 3 years out of date with my pricing Fajita.. that's when the fabric shop I worked in closed
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz