Iminei

Re: One Week on....
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »
Thats fine by us!  :)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 15:17:24 PM »
 0_0  0_0  0_0 One of them who gave Fran a public flogging over the disquiet we raised about the sudden loss of TSF has now signed up here.  Without going over to PR, I can't say that this person was prepared to wait it out.

Vegegrow

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 15:50:44 PM »
Great news guys,
Is Sakar here, Imi?
I'm sure I've seen Sakar :D
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Vegegrow

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 15:52:46 PM »
0_0  0_0  0_0 One of them who gave Fran a public flogging over the disquiet we raised about the sudden loss of TSF has now signed up here.  Without going over to PR, I can't say that this person was prepared to wait it out.
That great they may like what they see and we are pleased to see everyone
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

UttaRetch

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 16:09:07 PM »
Sakar is here, but you can check the current membership if you just look up to the top of the this page.  ;)

MrIminei

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 17:19:32 PM »
Has this covered the costs of set up? What will be the running costs?

Yes, the initial set up costs are covered, thank you all! Iminei will publish everything by the end of the month.

The running costs are a little bit up in the air. There are a number of things we want to / should look at. The chat and gallery add ons are free versions of the respective software and we may want to upgrade to the paid for versions to get enhanced functionality.

We are also looking at SSL - encryption. Currently your browser probably tells you that "this site is not secure". That's not inherently a problem - we are not a bank, don't hold personal details and don't take payments (paypal does that on our behalf). However we don't want people to be put off by the browser messages.

It will also be wise to keep a contingency fund in case the servers we are currently on run out of steam and we are forced to upgrade.

However, the forum is financially secure, not something we thought would be the case after only 1 week!

Sewingsue

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 19:46:20 PM »
Thank you MrIminei, I did wonder when I started getting the "this site is not secure" warning message.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

supergran

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2017, 19:55:55 PM »
How on earth do you work out who are the "real" people, and who are the baddies? Nasty thought that so many dubious people would find an innocent site like this one.

MrIminei

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2017, 19:59:27 PM »
Intuition, web sites that help weed out spammers and a handy plug in!

They generally come from domains (the bit after the @ in your email address) that look dodgy.

Lantana

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 21:58:58 PM »

We are also looking at SSL - encryption. Currently your browser probably tells you that "this site is not secure". That's not inherently a problem - we are not a bank, don't hold personal details and don't take payments (paypal does that on our behalf). However we don't want people to be put off by the browser messages.

Ah ha hadn't seen this earlier .. have just posted on the suggestions and bugs thread about this issue. It wasn't dong it yesterday only since Firefox upgraded earlier to today. It did occur to me that it might be putting some people off as a lot of folk aren't that computer savvy,

LX

Maximum

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2017, 17:57:39 PM »
Many thanks, MrI, I really appreciate the regular updates that keep us all fully in the picture. Has anyone heard from Raving Doll?
Those that are waiting for TSF to rise from the ashes, I do hope they have comfy chairs ;), meanwhile I'm really enjoying our new home and hope that new people are finding us all helpful and supportive and fun.

MrIminei

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 17:22:15 PM »
I thought you may appreciate this one - KattySexoPek -  apparently a male from Kazakhstan .......

PS, please don't email him!

UttaRetch

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 17:48:13 PM »
Those that are waiting for TSF to rise from the ashes, I do hope they have comfy chairs ;),

0_0  0_0  0_0  Oh how I have to bite my tongue on the 'other place'.

DementedFairy had been in contact with Ravingdoll in the past, but not recently.

UttaRetch

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 18:19:51 PM »
I thought you may appreciate this one - KattySexoPek -  apparently a male from Kazakhstan .......

PS, please don't email him!

0_0  0_0 So it's a good thing that I did not attempt to sign up with one of my gmail aliases.