The Sewing Place

Spring Green Polka dot

Iminei

Spring Green Polka dot
« on: November 24, 2017, 16:26:58 PM »
Oh dearie, dearie me ...That is sooo not the Spring green polka dot I am looking for...

New fabric from Higs and Higs (right of screen) arrived this morning and is more a sludgy lichen than the Spring green I need (centre strip)
For comparison, Makower Spraytime 2800 (left of screen)
If anyone knows where I can get this polka dot fabric (centre strip) please let me know. I only need 1/2 metre at most, FQs or anything considered.

The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lilian

Iminei

Re: Spring Green Polka dot
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 10:08:55 AM »
I think not, I'm afraid .... the dots look smaller.

I have just laid out my ruler and the span of three dots is just under an inch.

The wrong PD fabric that I just had delivered was by Rose and Hubble, so that's one to knock off the list!

Maximum

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 11:17:44 AM »
Have you tried Makower 830/G65 colour is called New Apple? Not sure which Spraytime (2800) you have there, G46 is Apple and G02 is Lime in the Spraytime range.
Sod's law tells me that "New" Apple is not the same as Apple so will be close but not close enough. No idea why basic fabric blenders have to change other than making us all buy more than we need just in case it's discontinued - which takes me back to customer service gone AWOL! Ducking back down below the parapet 0_0

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 11:29:15 AM »
I will investigate Makowers offerings.

I mean I have bought this nearby so that narrows it down to Cotton Moon, Hansons, Cherry Tree fabrics and Paulines Patchwork ...
Cotton Moon is a No; their polka dot is smaller and more pastel,
Hansens didn't have any when I searched the other day, plenty of polka dots but not this one.
I can't imagine having bought Polka dots from Paulines, but I may have to go that way
so it leaves Cherry Tree fabrics, who I am waiting to hear from having messaged Mandy on FB.

Thinking about it, Imself is passing within half a mile of Paulines later today ... he may well be bearing a small strip of bright green polka dot fabric and a note!!!

Sewbee

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 15:01:44 PM »
Have you tried Makower 830/G65 colour is called New Apple? Not sure which Spraytime (2800) you have there, G46 is Apple and G02 is Lime in the Spraytime range.
Sod's law tells me that "New" Apple is not the same as Apple so will be close but not close enough. No idea why basic fabric blenders have to change other than making us all buy more than we need just in case it's discontinued - which takes me back to customer service gone AWOL! Ducking back down below the parapet 0_0

How do you know the code for the colour you are using? Is it on the selvedge of the fabric? This would be good to know for when I am at a stage when I need to match.

The only way I know to match in graphic design is by using Pantone colours but I am sure it's different when matching fabric.

Maximum

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 16:25:48 PM »
The Makower site lists the numbers for each range and also the number for each colour variant. No idea if the numbers are all printed on the selvedge. I only quoted them as every device shows colour differently so numbers would be the only way of checking a match.
Not so important if you are in a store but helpful if buying on line

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 13:24:48 PM »
We have a firm ID on the Polka dot, thanks to the ever lovely Quilty who sent me a strip from a jelly roll that is a perfect match!!! Thank you Darling!

Sadly I need more than a 2 1/2" strip !! Not a lot (as the late great Paul Daniels would say) but definitely more;
and after ringing round various shops and internet suppliers things are looking bleak!

Yes, there may be some in America or Aus but in Blighty, I very much fear not!!!

The mystery fabric is now identified as

Manufacturer:  MODA
Designer:        Me and My Sisters
Range:            Dot, Dot Dash
Code:              22263
Colour:            15

So I'm imploring you all out there, if you know where I can source or indeed if you have some of this lurking in your stash that you would be willing to sell, Please get in touch........

I only need 20 cms, 2 Fq's or at the most 1/2m.

Pearl

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 14:21:45 PM »
Imi, while I was looking for fabric for the BOM, I found this.  Any good?

Edit - Now  I've posted it, the colour doesn't look right.

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 14:28:38 PM »
I dont know hon, any selvage ??? any clue about make ??

The spacing and size of the dots looks about right and pics taken in different lights, on different backgrounds etc change colours immensely.

Lowena

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 17:24:39 PM »
What will you do if you can't get any ?  :'(
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 09:04:13 AM »
Deep, Deep, Deeeeeep Depression   :(

I have found somewhere that stocks it, and actually has it there in front of them !!!

They've even got back to me after I emailed them  .....

Looks like we have it...Yeah!  I recently shipped to Ireland for about $25 and I expect it to be about the same.  If this is still an option, give me your complete address and I will add it as a shipping option. 
If the charge is less than my quote, I will reduce your charge.  Half a yard should be enough.  Take a look around our site, you may find something else.

You will notice the 25 dollar bit!! They are in South Louisiana !!!

Is it really that expensive to send 1/2 metre of fabric from the states???

Can any of our Stateside members get back to me on that ?????

Lowena

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 09:55:25 AM »
 :'( was going to ask how the hunt was going. Can't you ditch the idea and replace with another fabric ?
They might charge you customs duty as well if it comes from USA ( £8 I believe )so I wouldn't bother personally.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:26 AM »

There is absolutely NO WAY I am making all these again!!!!

PollyWally

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 11:39:53 AM »
It is listed on this Australian site www.fabricpatch.com.au, how does the postage from Australia compare to USA postage ?