The Sewing Place

Tracing Paper

Hachi

Re: Tracing Paper
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 20:38:13 PM »
That stuff is absorbent and has perforations, so no I don't think so.

Edit - I read your edit after I wrote my post  :)

Yeah, that's the giant toilet paper stuff I erroneously bought  :S (Note the "2 ply" description) STAY AWAY~ :devil:

Acorn

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 20:39:00 PM »
I'm not going to ask what you ended up using it for!!!   :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Samantha

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 13:28:38 PM »
I use this tracing paper by Gateway, which I buy from an art supply shop.  It's the largest roll that I could find at the time and is ideal for big pattern pieces.

I use this too, my roll has lasted me ages.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 14:12:01 PM »
I use the plain tracing paper from Morplan.  It was what we used at college.  I like the fact that it comes indifferent widths so no taping together for large pieces.   And it's on a huge roll which lasts me years.  Never got on with dot and cross.  The lot I used I didn't find very accurate and it made my head ache trying to see what I'd marked.  :)

UttaRetch

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 16:20:24 PM »
I bought my last roll from Morplans and it was too damn thick for me to see through. :angry:  I gave it all away when I moved home as I thought it might be fit for wall lining paper.  I will be going back to my previous art supplier.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 18:14:10 PM »
I'm usually tracing my own patterns so can see quite well. If not, they're taped to the window to copy.  I like that it is pretty tough and some patterns have lasted years. 

Vezelay

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 20:51:33 PM »
I used Swedish Tracing Paper but postage to Ireland is steep, so then I thought I'd be clever and get something cheaper from Amazon. So now I have one large roll of stuff that you can barely see through, and another roll that's so stiff it's impossible to pin and curls up when it's looked at. I give up - it's back to the wonderful Swedish for me. Last thing I need in my sewing room is more useless clutter!!