The Sewing Place

The Twin Needle

b15erk

The Twin Needle
« on: March 09, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »
I decided to dig one of these out, to do the hem on the Yellow Peril toile for the SewAlong.

Not used it for ages, but it worked like a charm.  I used a 4mm Ball Point in the Singer 611g, dropped the tension a bit, and just sewed along the pressed hem.  No problems at all.

I wasn't sure if this was the right place to put this thread, so if it's in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Francesca

Re: The Twin Needle
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »
I use them occasionally but find it very hit or miss depending on fabrics. My twin needle really really hates anything too thin.

b15erk

Re: The Twin Needle
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 13:24:48 PM »
I was half expecting that to happen too Fran, but this lycra fabric went through very nicely.

I was being lazy really, I didn't feel like threading the coverstitch up, especially for what is really just a toile.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.