The Sewing Place

Finished doom ridden project

jen

Finished doom ridden project
« on: December 11, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
Just celebrating. The wrap dress in silk velvet for dd2 is done! This drove me almost crazy, despite carefully hand tacking everything I must have had to unpick nearly every seam. It's packed and ready to go in the post, would be posted already if a tree hadn't blown down last night blocking our driveway. Jinxed or what?

Iminei

Re: Finished doom ridden project
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 12:35:09 PM »
Well done and I bet you'll feel 10 tonnes lighter now it is done, packed and when finally sent!

Any pics? you know how we love pics!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 12:38:47 PM »
Well done Jen!  Pick a nice easy project now to see you into Christmas.

I've had a few of these too, and you feel as if they will never be finished - good for you for persevering!

I'm sure your DD will love it  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 22:17:35 PM »
silk jersey wrap - all that bias? Congratulations!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 09:29:23 AM »
What a lovely present - silk velvet is such a wonderful fabric (to wear!)  I hope she knows what a labour of love it has been - not to make her feel guilty, just so that she knows how much you love her!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Vegegrow

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 11:39:36 AM »
sounds gorgeous .. I love silk velvet.. yum
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

jen

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 16:02:08 PM »
Thanks for massaging my ego ladies. I was on the edge of 'face it, you've lost it'. Now I just have to hope the post doesn't mess up!
Bonus point though - there is left over sapphire blue silk velvet - not a lot, but maybe enough to squeeze out a little something simple for moi.