Tamnymore

Re: Lisette/Butterick 6423 - Lovely coat pattern
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 19:34:19 PM »
Lovely fabric but pricey!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Silver Rose

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2018, 10:21:04 AM »
It is a lovely pattern and I'm tempted to have a go. I'll put it on my "to get" list for my next trip to Norwich for fabric.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 10:48:54 AM »
Went to Norwich last Thursday to get some buttons and bought the Lisette pattern, had a chat with a very helpful and knowledgable member of staff there about the coat who wisely said to make a toile, she gave me a bit more confidence so I might make it later in the year after looking at the cost of wool and woollen mix fabrics. It is a bit boxy so I wondered if I could slim it down a bit.  Oh, :[ and I also managed to come home with 2 metres of black and white fine dogstooth check fabric for trousers maybe, pretty blue  :button: for the jersey dress which is nearly finished.
Still learning

Lilian

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 21:35:57 PM »
Great Silver Rose  :). I found an end of roll for £30 only 3 metres but enough to make a toile if I add another fabric for the back of the collar or shorten it a bit.  It hasn't arrived yet so I don't know the weight, but it is wool. And I'm almost ready to have a go  >:)

Willing but not always able :)

Nevis5

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 13:03:50 PM »
That's really pretty fabric, Lilian.  I also have this pattern and some boiled wool which has been resting in my stash for, ahem, several years.  It's on my list!  but first I have to finish the skirt and cardigan which have actually made it as far as the cutting table this year ;)