The Sewing Place

Got to the stage where folks are giving me machines . . .

LeilaMay

Got to the stage where folks are giving me machines . . .
« on: April 06, 2018, 11:10:29 AM »
Chatting to my next door neighbour a couple of days ago, and yesterday he turned up with TWO sewing machines in cases - "from under his mother's kitchen table, glad o the space, do what you like with them" !

Turns out to be a 192/1926 66K, in a replaced case but certainly looks like it could be got going again, and a zig-zag Novum built by Janome - according to it's labels. Very dirty but it may well go with a little TLC.

I think the cahrity shop that the neighbor the other side volunteers at may well benefit when they're done. But the "pile" is getting ridiculously large now, and they're arriving in pairs!

:vintage: :sew:

LeilaMay

Re: Got to the stage where folks are giving me machines . . .
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:27:03 AM »
Both of these now cleaned, oiled, tidied up a bit and passed on to the charity shops :)
The chap who gave them, from next door, saw them before they went and was really pleased at how they came out, and that they could be useful to someone. So a happy event all round
 :toast:

Kwaaked

Re: Got to the stage where folks are giving me machines . . .
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:08:53 AM »
They also invite friend and random machines often will appear on your doorstep, as a warning.

I started out with 2...my studio now has well over 40 in various stages of repair and age.  I can't give them away in the US though, and my local op shop can only use so many before they have too many to use themselves.