The Sewing Place

Official White Sewalong

Holly Berry

Re: Official White Sewalong
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 22:37:11 PM »

Can we continue with a non-competitive stash busting thread?

I'd love to continue a non competitive stash busting thread, as I found so much encouragement to sew my accumulated fabric.

I posted this http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,879.msg11468.html#msg11468. Perhaps we can continue on there?
Procrastination get behind me

BrendaP

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 10:58:56 AM »
Well I've decided it's going to be McCalls 6035 which I've made before, but this time I'm doing the sleeves with a drawstrings (view D).

I got it cut out and partially assembled yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 15:19:37 PM by BrendaP »
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

charlotte

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2017, 11:26:54 AM »
Ooh I want to join in! I have some white lace somewhere that I want to make a shell top out of. Not sure if I will have time, but I shall do my best...

BrendaP

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2017, 22:11:19 PM »
I now have a white shirt just waiting for its buttonholes and then the buttons but because my Husqvarna was making such crap buttonholes a couple of days ago I've just bought a buttonholer from Helen Howes and won't even think about doing the shirt buttonholes until it arrives.

:button: :vintage: :button: :vintage: :button: :vintage: :button:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lyn-J

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »
I've just dragged out all my whites and creams, there's more than I thought!  :o
003 by Lyn-J, on Flickr
The three in the middle at the top might be a bit to dark to qualify, but plenty to be getting on with  ;)

Samantha

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 16:29:45 PM »
Has my fabric got too much of a print for this competition?

Francesca

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 16:35:52 PM »
Has my fabric got too much of a print for this competition?

It's very close but I'm going to have to say no to it because it does contain dark prints and I'm concerned it wouldn't be fair :( Sorry!

Samantha

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2017, 17:31:46 PM »
It's very close but I'm going to have to say no to it because it does contain dark prints and I'm concerned it wouldn't be fair :( Sorry!

No problem! I need to make a shirt out of it by the end of May anyway, just thought the competition might spur me along!!

BajaSusana

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2017, 21:34:34 PM »
Hello Everyone!
 I have completed my entry into the white contest!
On Thursday April 27th, I had a corneal transplant. And on Friday the 28t,h I was home in my own bed.
 I rested and was pampered by My Beloved, and fed by the neighbors.
By Monday May 1, I was going crazy sitting around. My sight had returned and I was pumped full of
Anti- rejection  (steroid) drops and full of energy.

I made a three-piece white ensemble for a charity event on the beach on Friday April 5th.
 Really, I made all three items:

:button:A linen and lace blouse  (my entry)
  :button:A burnout knit tank top
 :button:A linen skirt.

These are all Lutterloh patterns. And all three are my TNT pieces. My DH and I shall go to town manana and do a photo shoot on the beach.

I did have to taper the skirt by a full INCH. I have been working on losing weight.
I have made a composite photo of the front, the back and  the fabric of the blouse, and the pattern picture. I was inspired by a photo on Pinterest.

As soon as the instructions are posted for doing a formal entry, I shall. With all of the proper photos.

I have spent most of the day fighting with Flickr, it seems that I have two accounts and  I could not login to either. I tried Google photos, what a waste of my time and energy. So I followed Francesca’s advice and have signed up for Imgur. 
She was right! It is easy to use.

I have been dreaming of an all-white summer wardrobe.  I have terrible eczema and have worked hard on controlling my itchy fingers. I promised myself that if I could STOP SCRATCHING my skin would clear up and I would be allowed to have an all-white wardrobe.
 So I have improved eyesight, clear skin and a good start on a white wardrobe.
And I am looking forward to being an active participant here.
 I did not see my image in preview, so maybe it did not work.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 21:51:14 PM by BajaSusana »

BajaSusana

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2017, 21:37:19 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 21:46:36 PM by BajaSusana »

DementedFairy

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2017, 22:05:09 PM »
Oooh Susana, what little I can see of those images looks LUSCIOUS

Can't wait to see you photo shoot.  I'm currently wrestling with some evil 'wool' look poly monster, that acts like the worst of both.  Onward and upwards!
C'est moi!

Francesca

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2017, 22:07:32 PM »
I made a three-piece white ensemble for a charity event on the beach on Friday April 5th.

Just to double check, did you sew this before the 1st May?

To clarify, in order to enter it has to be made after the 1st May so that it is part of the sewalong.

BajaSusana

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2017, 22:17:53 PM »
Just to double check, did you sew this before the 1st May?

To clarify, in order to enter it has to be made after the 1st May so that it is part of the sewalong.
No I did not do anything on this until Monday May 1.
 I am a fast sewist, these are  TNT patterns, and the anti-rejection drops have me really hyped up! Good thing that this is not the Olympics! :D

Francesca

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2017, 09:15:02 AM »
No I did not do anything on this until Monday May 1.
 I am a fast sewist, these are  TNT patterns, and the anti-rejection drops have me really hyped up! Good thing that this is not the Olympics! :D

No worries! Just checking :)

charlotte

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2017, 10:48:05 AM »
I have found the following white fabrics:
1yd white cotton with lace cut outs which is only 70cm wide
1m white silk cotton blend
0.5m white cotton woven

Bunged them all in the washing machine (even the silk blend - eek - luckily it was okay!) and I will iron and post pictures tonight.

I'm thinking a fitted-ish tank top with a side zip out of the cotton lace with a silk cotton underlining, using the plain white for the facing. I might have to use the plain white for the back as well but we'll see when I get to the cutting out. I even found a white invisible zip, so fingers crossed I can make this without a single purchase. Yay!