The Sewing Place

I give up (at least for the time being)

Iminei

I give up (at least for the time being)
« on: January 03, 2018, 11:36:31 AM »
I give up (at least for the time being) on the Jan Hassard Strips Galore Monstrosities !!!

:angry: (throws down the fabric and stamps up and down on it in a paddy)

I've spent the entire morning (and I mean the entire morning) assembling just 10 already sewn halves into 5 blocks and attaching them to the B&W SGM and that is that!

How Jan joins these buggery buggery b*****ky things smoothly, nicely, neatly is beyond me! Waaay beyond me!!!!

The Green SGM is at a total standstill until I can find some more of the Green polka dot (Moda fabrics, Designer My Sisters and Me, Range; Dot, Dot Dash, Colour; Green 15)

I cant even sew the squares I have made together as, because of the difference in the lightest green squares and the lack of the PD, I haven't got any middle squares made yet !!! GGRRRR   :angry:

But more than any of that, there is more to life than joining that hideous diagonal and then joining all those myriad seams so they somewhat match!  GAH!!!!!  :angry:

Soooooo that is it! Enough!!! No More!!!  I am done!!!!!

The B&W will be put away in the UFO box along with the remaining fabrics and the green and I shall do something more relaxing instead .....

Thank you for listening!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ellabella

Re: I give up (at least for the time being)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 12:07:02 PM »
Calm down dear, go and give Elvis some love.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »
go and give Elvis some love.

OOOhhh er Missus, What a nice idea, Elvis in his early period ... mmmnnnnn

Sandra

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 13:39:01 PM »
That's a fabulous looking quilt, but, yes...it sounds like you need to step away from it for now, and take a break.

I thought you'd managed to find some of the green spot in Australia?

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 13:45:47 PM »
Found it but not yet buckled down and bought it!