The Sewing Place

McCall's early Spring patterns

UttaRetch

McCall's early Spring patterns
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:59:01 AM »
You can see them here, but bear in mind that these are from the American website and some patterns may not make it to the UK.

Really love this

view of 7727 and would do it in black.

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: McCall's early Spring patterns
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:12:38 AM »
Thanks UR, I do love looking at the new patterns, shame there's nothing I fancy for me.

DementedFairy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »
We can always rely on you to post these links- you're so on the ball!  I agree that full skirted thingy would be FAB on you, hope it tempts you back to sewing.  They're really going for these foofy sleeves aren't they?  I like the look of them but know they'd just end up in my tea cup...
C'est moi!

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 13:27:43 PM »
That jacket/top would suit you so well Utta. Black taffeta? Maybe I can tempt you with a sewing day... if you fancy having a visitor I bet we can get it sewn up in a day.

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 13:35:57 PM »
I'm very much taken with this, though I would likely go for the full skirt.

I am off to a wedding in early October and this might be just the ticket in a forest green bold floral... I wonder if I could size down and do it in a scuba (wedding in a marquee/partially outside so it could be chilly).

I would also definitely wear this with slimmer sleeves. Like just 3/4 with a small cuff. Would be lovely with jeans in the summer.

And this!! Maybe not that short though.

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 20:01:44 PM »
@DementedFairy: I lurk on PatternReview, but have stopped posting over there.

@Francesca: the off the shoulder dress would look fab in the full skirt version.  As for my sewing up my choice in a day, it takes me for ever to prepare and cut out. 0_0  There will definitely be a return to sewing because I am feeling itchy to do something.

Vegegrow

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 20:37:18 PM »
I could quite see that 1st one in a floral cotton lawn something soft and drapey Utta
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 23:10:26 PM »
  They're really going for these foofy sleeves aren't they?  I like the look of them but know they'd just end up in my tea cup...

I like the look of them too even though they are not very practical and I like the high-low hemlines.  The cold shoulder look though isn't for me.

DF, M7732 shouted your name at me.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 23:12:53 PM »
M7732
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

DementedFairy

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 03:50:23 AM »
M7732

Ah yes, the costuming world is pretty lit up with that one!  It's  a lovely look, but I bet LOADS of versions of this will be appearing at Asylum this year, and I have my cathedral dress to crack on with...The Big Four 'historical' costumes are also not very historical [usually, there are some exceptions] as they aren't shaped for wearing with the right corsets, so take more faff to fit.  I am a major fan of Truly Victorian [although I have a few McCalls cosplay type patterns, GoT etc] as their pattern pieces all jigsaw together so you can swap sleeves, bodices etc to get multiple looks.  Their fitting system is also unique and helps get the fit right much more efficiently.  Highly recommended!
C'est moi!

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 13:20:38 PM »
The early Spring collection is now available in the UK and I am please see that

7727 has made the cut.

Ploshkin

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 15:50:03 PM »
Hmm, nothing there for me.  I'm afraid I don't like holes in sleeves, frills or uneven hems.
Life's too short for ironing.