The Sewing Place

Simplicity/NewLook early Spring releases

UttaRetch

Simplicity/NewLook early Spring releases
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:15:31 AM »
These are from the American website and the same proviso applies as with the McCall's I recently posted.  You can see them here, although some of them aren't new. 

It appears that long, loose shirts/toppers

is going to be a 'thing'.

Good to see something

modest from MimiG and without the clumpy shoes she favours.

I haven't sewn any Simplicity/Newlook and nothing jumps out at me from these offerings.

Ravingdoll

Re: Simplicity/NewLook early Spring releases
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 11:40:22 AM »
Definitely nothing to appeal to me this season.  I’ve been impressed with Simplicity the last couple of seasons but nothing in this collection.  Probably as well, I could do with using what I’ve got.  I’ve never been a New Look fan, can’t comment on their patterns as I don’t think I’ve ever used one, their designs are simply not within my style range. 

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:06:29 PM »
I quite like the Flapper hats pattern as I am a bit of a mad hat lady but that's it! I shall wait for them to appear in the UK.

And I'm not keen on the McCalls spring patterns. I had to laugh at the Outlander (Outlandish?) costumes as the bloke seems to be wearing a midi kilt in a couple of the pics. Donald, where's your troosers indeed!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:10:37 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 12:17:20 PM »
Nothing to excite me there, disappointingly   :(

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 12:24:46 PM »
I like the look of the hoodie dress. Good for lounging in leggings and still being able to pop to town without exposing my VPL to everyone.

Also, the swingy dress with the ruffle round the bottom, I was gifted the pattern for Christmas and will be making it up shortly once I'm done with my cushion :)

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 12:56:25 PM »
@Ravingdoll: not even this

retro apron?

Ravingdoll

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 13:04:40 PM »
I did notice the aprons (and that is a very fine apron!) but I really do have enough!

Lizzy777

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 13:32:01 PM »
I like the look of the hoodie dress. Good for lounging in leggings and still being able to pop to town without exposing my VPL to everyone.

Also, the swingy dress with the ruffle round the bottom, I was gifted the pattern for Christmas and will be making it up shortly once I'm done with my cushion :)

I bought this hoodie pattern at the beginning of December. Haven't made it up yet but just got some fabric delivered for it yesterday. i have seen another pattern today which may interest you, I think I will buy it but wondering whether to wait for half price pattern offers as I seem to have a bought a lot of patterns recently and not had enough time to make any of them up just yet.

http://www.simplicity.com/new-look-pattern-6469-misses-easy-knit-dress-with-length-and-sleeve-variations/N6469.html
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 13:34:24 PM by Lizzy777 »

Francesca

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 13:34:49 PM »
I bought this hoodie pattern at the beginning of December. Haven't made it up yet but just got some fabric delivered for it yesterday. i have seen another pattern today which may interest you, I think I will buy it but wondering whether to wait for half price pattern offers as I seem to have a bought a lot of patterns recentlyand not enough time to make any of them up just yet.

http://www.simplicity.com/new-look-pattern-6469-misses-easy-knit-dress-with-length-and-sleeve-variations/N6469.html
Oh that looks so good and I love raglan sleeves. I have narrow shoulders so it's obvious if a shoulder is too wide for me with set-in sleeves as the seams hang off. But it's easier to hide a small fit mistake with raglan so I can usually make them out of the packet.

Lizzy777

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 14:07:35 PM »
Oh that looks so good and I love raglan sleeves. I have narrow shoulders so it's obvious if a shoulder is too wide for me with set-in sleeves as the seams hang off. But it's easier to hide a small fit mistake with raglan so I can usually make them out of the packet.

Yes, it looks a great pattern! I just bought it!  I have some fabric in mind for this already (already bought too some time ago).