The Sewing Place

Uh oh you may have won me over...

Kenora

Re: Uh oh you may have won me over...
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2018, 22:57:02 PM »
I don't know if this will help at all, Fran, but when I do SITD I use the Bernina blind hem foot which has a sliver of metal running from front to back down the middle of it. I know you have a Janome sewing machine, but Janome also do a blind hem foot which has the metal. It's not quite such a big piece of metal as on the Bernina foot but it might do the trick. I certainly find it keeps my stitches very firmly in the ditch.  :) (This foot came as a standard accessory with both my Bernina and my Janome, so you might even have it already.)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2018, 09:39:03 AM »
Just a thought Fran ... How did you press the seams of the piecing ??? to the side right ???

If you pressed the seams open ... you cant SID as you will be stitching through stitches, effectively breaking them (I think?)

If you dont want to see the quilting, as you mentioned the pattern is already busy. use a neutral thread as close to the overall background colour ... you will hardly notice it at all.

If you have any blocks over, how about slapping it together with a a bit of wadding and some backing and practice on that?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

supergran

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2018, 19:51:05 PM »
Kenora I use that foot on my Bernina as well but still manage to go off course. You are clearly a lot more careful than me.  :D

Kenora

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2018, 21:03:35 PM »
Kenora I use that foot on my Bernina as well but still manage to go off course. You are clearly a lot more careful than me.  :D

I'm as slow as a snail though.  ;)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

supergran

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2018, 21:27:33 PM »
I think you have to be to do a good sitd. Patience isn't one of my virtues, sadly. :(

Francesca

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2018, 17:09:02 PM »
Finally finished quilting it! I didn't go around every shape, but enough that I've not got much space between each one. It's already a little crinkled which I quite like, very rustic  ;)

Now I just have to tidy up the dining room enough that I can cut those binding strips out!

Iminei

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2018, 17:20:56 PM »
Pics!!!!! >:)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Francesca

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2018, 13:27:49 PM »
You'll have to wait until it's over the finish line now to see :)