The Sewing Place

Changes to "In The Wardrobe"

Francesca

Changes to "In The Wardrobe"
« on: January 09, 2018, 14:31:31 PM »
Hello everyone!

We recently did a bit of a survey to find out what people liked about the forum, and what needed to change.

We took the ideas to our subscribership and asked for opinions on how the boards should be structured. There were lots of great opinions on the "In The Wardrobe" board and we now seek to improve it.

New child boards

We are pleased to introduce two new child boards: Technical Help and Members' Diaries.

Technical help is a perfect place for asking questions regarding techniques, the best way to achieve something, fit problems and more.
Members' Diaries should hopefully prove popular for those who are keen to wardrobe plan, SWAP, or even just post long blog-like threads discussing their regular sewing achievements. We encourage you to create a diary as your personal space on TSP!
Pattern Discussion is the newly renamed Patterns & Fitting child board, ideal for posting pattern releases, assistance searching for patterns or questions regarding patterns you have.

Hopefully everyone enjoys the new changes. We will run like this likely until the next survey in 2019!

Sewbee

Re: Changes to "In The Wardrobe"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 16:04:42 PM »
Do we have a fitting board where we can post for fitting help or questions?

Francesca

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 16:06:47 PM »
Technical help, as we had Patterns & Fitting but people seemed to prefer "technical help" and then a general board.

Personally I see Fitting as a technique and therefore posts should go well in Technical help, but others may infer differently.

jen

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:07:11 PM »
Sounds good!

Manuela

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 12:09:00 PM »
I really like the changes, looking forward to see what everyone is up to.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 15:26:57 PM »
 :(  I really liked the Pattern name/number threads - does this mean we'll no longer have them - or do they just go in the "Wardrobe"?  :S

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 16:03:55 PM »
There is a Pattern Discussion child board.

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 16:04:29 PM »
I would put suchlike in the new 'Patterns Discussion' child board.Fran just beat me to it. 0_0

Holly Berry

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 16:33:11 PM »
Love the Members diary board.

Just have to get my thinking cap on and get my a@@@ in gear.
Procrastination get behind me

Sewbee

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 16:47:17 PM »
Do Rulers and Curves really belong in the pattern section?

What a lot of work to do all this, Fran - but thank you!

Francesca

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 17:00:21 PM »
Do Rulers and Curves really belong in the pattern section?

What a lot of work to do all this, Fran - but thank you!

I wasn't going to backdate move every single post so I just moved a select few from the top of the list. However I can move this to The Haberdashery for you if you like.

Sewbee

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 17:05:30 PM »
I wasn't going to backdate move every single post so I just moved a select few from the top of the list. However I can move this to The Haberdashery for you if you like.

Thanks, Fran. It makes more sense in Haberdashery, I think, and when I go to look for it I will know where to find it. :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 17:53:10 PM »
There is a Pattern Discussion child board.
Ah, right, I thought there might be a current projects or similar, but when I get my sewing room sorted, I'll know where to put what I'm doing.  I do think it's nice to have threads with the pattern number, and I love to see what people are making  0_0

Francesca

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 16:22:06 PM »
I'm really loving that so many people have adopted the Members' Diaries :)

Sewbee

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 16:30:03 PM »
I am really enthused about the diaries. I have actually looked through the patterns I have today to see what patterns I need to get. I've also been keeping my colours in mind as I browse fabrics. I ordered some good but not so expensive fabric so I can experiment (toile) with the trousers pattern I have. :)

I really should put this in my diary. ;)