The Sewing Place

I have learnt my lesson

UttaRetch

Re: I have learnt my lesson
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 20:27:00 PM »
Fran, you made me laugh. I can see legs sticking out as the boyfriend frantically digs.   0_0  0_0
What goes around comes around.

Sewbee

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 11:10:20 AM »
Ugg, I have so, so much fabric!   :[  a whole wall full of IKEA Billy bookcases full.  And more overflowing on top of said bookcases, under the sewing table etc etc.  NY resolution not to add to it is holding firm so far  :angel: although I do know it's only Jan 13th.......  I've managed to use up about 5 metres this year, not very impressive really  :) but it's a start.

About five years ago when I furnished my new sewing room I cleared out all my too small sewing patterns and took them to the charity shop.  Since then, of course, I've managed to lose a reasonable amount of weight and have spent many a mournful hour regretting that move (and a lot of money replacing some of them).  So that's my justification for stashing and not getting rid of everything  :devil:  DH doesn't really agree with this argument, for some reason  ;)

I completely understand the regret. Just before I moved home I must have got rid of about 200 sewing patterns. Granted I was trying to trim shipping costs which are hefty when you move a lot of things overseas but what was I thinking??? My sewing patterns???

Pinkstar

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2018, 20:53:21 PM »
You've all made me feel much better about my fabric stash, which consists of a sideboard full, a divan drawer full and a very, very large bag of fabric.   :)